Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so no I have checked everything yet, but; just replaced headlights over the weekend, they have worked fine all week until tonight. Brand new bulbs (nothing cheap, Silverstars) driver side out already. Now, in my mind I'm running through the scenarios. 1) bad luck, happened to get a bad bulb in 2 pack; 2) Since driver side was the bulb that was out when I replaced both, there is something wrong on that side, but any suggestions to what? Rattled it, bumped, tried to see if I would get a flicker (maybe loose connection, bad wire, etc.) but nothing. As I said, haven't been able to check everything yet as it is dark and I have no garage, but if anyone out there has had this same issue, I would be interested in hearing about it.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Do you think there's a chance that the plug is bad? My guess is a faulty headlamp assembly, given that light was already out.
(I posted a link for low priced headlamps [$100], I don't remember where)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would hope that wouldn't be it on a nearly 3 year old car, but it is possible. But, I would think if it was bad, a new bulb wouldn't have worked at all, let alone for 4 or 5 days. I'm gonna pick up one more single bulb and try that, see where it gets me. If not, I guess new headlamps are in my near future. Heck, if I have to replace them, might as well get something cool, eh? Halo's maybe?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.