Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Perfessor
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok. I am having a problem with my headlights that I cannot figure out. And it started before I installed my HID's. And it did not used to do it.

I have the CCFL headlights in my G6 GT ‘vert and I have switcher LED strips attached underneath the lens. When I do a remote start, in one light the CCFL and trim (LED switcher strip) lights come on, but in the other just the low beam light comes on. When I put in the key and turn it on “sometimes” everything gets right (CCFL, trim, low beam all on). When it doesn't, they all come on when I turn the light switch to “on”. And, sometimes stay on when I turn it back to “auto”. It also does this when doing a normal key start.

I have verified (numerous times, :D) that all connections on both headlights are identical. I know this as I wrote all connections down when I had to replace my harness connectors for the headlights.

I’m starting to think that it may be the electronics on one of the lights.

Any ideas anyone? (I hope !)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think it's something in the headlight. Aftermarket headlights such as halos/ccfl's etc, always tend to have some sort of problem....that's why i always stick to HID's, better lighting and easier thing to repair if a problem occurs. I'd say maybe return the headlight if you have warranty on it, or test another one if you can get a hold of it. Looks good tho from the pics i see. I've never used led strips before, how do you like them?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts