Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading and re-reading threads regarding Halo headlights. I already have picked out the Black Eagle Eye Halo's that I am going to purchase. I do have a couple of questions though.

I plan on getting a HID kit as well. If I am correct, I will want this kit from ddmtuning at 35w, H7 and whichever color I choose (6000/8000, haven't decided yet). My questions are will this set up allow low and hi beams to be used? How difficult is it to install the HID kit with the Eagle Eyes? Is it recommended to do so?

I will have other questions as I go through the process of deciding what I want, but your advice/opinions are appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
911 Posts
when highs are on, lows and highs are on together (w/o fogs if equipped). HID's are made for projector housings so yes, its recommended, but not necessary. difficulty is moderate- as long as you can operate a drill and plug stuff in to where it fits, you're good to go.

edit: i reread your question and yes, your high beams will work normally with the EE's and HID's, even if they're only in your lows. I believe the EE's come with HID's though? not sure on the quality but i'm switching out the low beams when mine come today!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I received my Eagle Eyes and have them installed!! I will spend next Sunday installing my HID kit (wish me luck!!). I really should have waited and installed them at the same time, but I just couldn't wait and wanted to see how they looked ... AWESOME!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
When you get the HIDs installed, could you get a night shot of them on a wall or garage door so I can see the cutoff line and how bright they are. I still have the spyders on mine and think its time to change because they don't give off much light onto the road.

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts

edit: i reread your question and yes, your high beams will work normally with the EE's and HID's, even if they're only in your lows. I believe the EE's come with HID's though? not sure on the quality but i'm switching out the low beams when mine come today!

Eagle Eyes do not come with HID's

They are not necessary, as the output of projectors is much more superb than reflecting housings.
But of course, HID's are always recommended, especially when paired with projectors. Theres nothing better than Eagle Eyes with HID's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts