Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new to the forum and was just wondering if anyone did a retrofit on the stock headlights.. I own a civic too and it's pretty popular in civic seen??

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
What do you mean by a retrofit? Tell sell ones with a black housing, ones with halos and projector style lenses. Also in chrome or black.

Are you looking for something specific?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Generally retrofitting means to take an oem projector and fit it to a non projector headlight.

The problem with that with these cars, is that the projectors are too long and you end up having to cut into the member behind the headlight to allow them to fit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Generally retrofitting means to take an oem projector and fit it to a non projector headlight.

The problem with that with these cars, is that the projectors are too long and you end up having to cut into the member behind the headlight to allow them to fit.
Well the projector being to long explains why no one does it.. I don't like the aftermarket ones with those weird projectors that's why I asking.. I might see if I can find a cheap set of stock lights and give it a shot anyway

What do you mean by a retrofit? Tell sell ones with a black housing, ones with halos and projector style lenses. Also in chrome or black.

Are you looking for something specific?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The projectors in aftermarket headlights really arent that great. I suppose if you can figure out a way to mount the projector more forward in the housing it might work without having to cut the member. Its worth a shot.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The projectors in aftermarket headlights really arent that great. I suppose if you can figure out a way to mount the projector more forward in the housing it might work without having to cut the member. Its worth a shot.
they arent anywhere as good as ones you can find in a lexus or a newer acura... i think these might fit the bill

projectors

do you know of anyone selling a set of headlights.. I dont wanna purchase a brand new set not knowing if they will fit or not

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The headlights never changed from year to year, so any g6 headlight will fit. Though I would suggest getting one made before 07. They changed the sealant in them for 07 and as Cruisin found out with his, they are pretty much impossible to open.

I dont know of anyone selling. Best bet is to check the for sale section here, theres also g6performance.com, ebay or a local wrecker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts