Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all... :)

I'm seeking some guidance with my 2008 G6 GT. My passenger side low beam lightbulb died (I thought). I went to the parts store and got a replacement. Upon (almost) removing the bad bulb, I discovered that it was not bad after all (it came on when I was wiggling it out). Noticed some of the wiring exposed where the wiring goes into the back of the headlight assembly, thought that might be causing it to short out. A very mechanically inclined friend of mine bought a new "pigtail connection" (his words) and replaced the wiring that appreared to be damaged. Put it all back together - still no low beam. He opened up the drivers side headlight area to compare it to the side with the problem to make sure it was connected correctly. It was. He even took the problem side assembly and its "pigtail connection" and connected it up on the drivers side - everything worked GREAT (low beam and high beam)! Ironically, even on the (working) drivers side low beam, there is exposed wiring on that "pigtail connection," but at least it's working (if it ain't broke, don't fix it). It seems the problem lies further back in the wiring on the passenger side, but that is out of his area of expertise.

Took it to the dealership, and they're trying to tell me it's the headlight assembly itself, and want to charge me $414.63 to fix it. I've told them several times, to please connect the assembly they think is bad to the drivers side, and they will see that it WILL work. I've got an extended warranty (3rd party) on the car, and they're not approving my claim because the dealership is telling the warranty company that it was wired incorrectly. How can it be wired incorrectly if you hook everything up on the opposite side, and it WORKS?? I'm not all that car savvy. And I'm having real communications problems between the dealership and the warranty company. Any thoughts? Advice? I can't drive around at night with only one headlight. Sorry... just REALLY frustrated. Help... please.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Post some pictures of what's been done & I'll try to help. You typically need to replace both sides of the connector where the harness connects to the headlamp housing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts