Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow brothers and sisters..im ready to buy headlights and tailights for my car but idk if i should go with black or chrome? sypder vs eagle eyes? prices? i need help if u can.at first i was sure on getting chrome for both but idk now.the black looks good but idk how it would blend with my car..help plz and thx

·
Registered
149 Posts
eagle eye FTW...dont you dare buy the spyder(i personally never had spyder but i read they were the biggest piece of sht)...i would go black housing IMO i think the black with all the white halos and leds is a win...you know what they say "opposites attract" and let me tell you they sure do on the eagle eye heads...tails im sry idk much about the coupes...but if you get black headlights (or chrome) make sure you get the tails the same housing that would just look weird if you got different housing on heads and tails

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
DO NOT GET SPYDER - THEY ARE THE BIGGEST SACK OF SHIT PRODUCT IVE EVER HAD. AND A SHIT COMPANY TO BOOT.

ebay ebay ebay!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
lol ive read spyder was a POS quite alot.i was just confirming lol so u think black would would good with my coupe? its stealth grey but it has a very blue tint.ebay the best place to buy the eagle eyes? i dont wanna get something that was made in china thats made of shit and all apart instantly

Attachments

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
eagle eyes are made in tiawan or japan iirc

pick a reputable ebay seller based in the us...such as sabersport or something

i think the big stock headlights are chome and stick out like bug eyes on most g6's

your is a silver / silver so it may look ok...but im partial to black lol

not to mention i would assume the halos would stick out alot more on a black background compared to chrome

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the blueish tint to my car makes me want black.the chrome lights give it a stock look and i want to turn heads.im looking for exterior mods to do.i just wanna make sure the black would look ok with my car.i think chrome would go better but i like the look of the black

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
get a good quality frontal picture of your car and photoshop both options on...then take ur pick

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that is a option too...simply put..i like the black but i think chrome would go better with my car lol i dont wanna get the black and b depressed cuz i didnt go the other way and my org plan was to get chrome tail lights too but if i got the black head lights then i would have to get black tail lights too and idk how that would look.what do u think?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok photoshoped some pics.whats the final judgement gentlemen

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
BLACK BLACK BLACK...im tellin ya man you will not be disapointed with the black ones...me and dav are together on this 1 the black housing with the white halos and leds is awesome looking...it just POPS more than the chrome housing i beleive

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i have been tallying votes and right now its 5 black to 2 chrome..pretty sure im going black lol the chrome ones look nice and bring out the rims more but they have a bit of a stock look to em.u wouldnt notice unless u really were looking at em compared to the black which really stands out :banana:

·
Registered
149 Posts
THATS EXACTLY WHAT I SAID LOL...i think the chrome ones noone would notice they would see you drive down the road and just think that they were the stock ones...but the black ones, everyone is going to know you did something to it cause no g6 has black headlights...thats the main reason i got mine black and I LOVE THEM i get sooooooooooo many commplements...im telling ya there a WIN!!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok next question..i c a lot of ppl prefer the ddm bulbs. but idk what wattage to get at all.im looking for a light blue look to the bulbs like maybe 6k? or 8k? idk which is which or how all that works

·
Registered
149 Posts
i would say go 35w ballast with a 8k if your looking for a hint of blue, 6k is for the most part is pure white...10k is what i got and its SUPER DARK BLUE...so if you want a hint of blue i say 8k

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i was trying to look for a member that had a pic of some 8ks up..so would i better off with ddm bulbs or a hid kits and where would b the best place to shop for the bulbs

·
Registered
149 Posts
the ddmtuning hid kit comes with your choice of 1 ballast and 1 bulb...its a whole kit...all you have to do is choose what size ballast you want 35 or 55w and then choose what color you want for your bulbs which is sounds like you want 8k then all you have to do is pay and enjoy...nothing else is needed

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
from what im reading 8000k w/ 35 watt and 6000k w/ 55 watt pretty much give out the same output.i just cant find where u to em

·
Registered
149 Posts
nope just the opposite the difference between the 35w and 55w ballast is the 55w is more powerful or however you wanna call it...since you want a hint of blue you would go with 35w 8k or if you want it to be brighter yet get the 55w with a 10k bulb....i actually had a 55w with a 10k and it is light blue kinda...its super bright

·
Registered
149 Posts
pretty much the stronger the wattage distorts the light

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 71 Posts