Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am back with a couple of questions to you people who are smarter than I.

I bought a pair of Eagle Eye from yomamasaidwhat a while ago. They work great. But I seem to be having a problem here...
Underneath the headlights (Both sides) is about a 1/8 inch gap between the headlight assembly and the bumper.

I noticed this on the driver side with the OEM headlights but not the passenger side.

Also on the passenger side.. the headlight sticks out... roughly 1/8 inch OUT from the car. I do have pictures of all this but at the current moment my computer doesn't want to read my camera (go figure, I'll get them uploaded ASAP)

My current assumption to all of the problems I'm currently having is that I hit a Coyote a while ago... it ended up cracking my radiator (replaced) and I'm assuming it didn't RUIN my bumper but is causing all the of my problems here.

My next question is if I have a 2008 GT, will a 2008 GXP bumper fit well? or will I need to drill new holes or what... I like the look of the GXP bumpers much more than the GT's and if I'm going to have to replace it I might as well replace is with something I think looks good.

EDIT: Picture is one I pulled off my facebook to help with the problem with the gap. And after looking at the passenger side headlight... I noticed that the inside corner... where it meets the bumper is actually UNDER the bumper... like tucked in... I honestly don't know what is causing all of this and it just makes my car look, well, bad.

Attachments

·
Like a G6
66 Posts
I am back with a couple of questions to you people who are smarter than I.

I bought a pair of Eagle Eye from yomamasaidwhat a while ago. They work great. But I seem to be having a problem here...
Underneath the headlights (Both sides) is about a 1/8 inch gap between the headlight assembly and the bumper.

I noticed this on the driver side with the OEM headlights but not the passenger side.

Also on the passenger side.. the headlight sticks out... roughly 1/8 inch OUT from the car. I do have pictures of all this but at the current moment my computer doesn't want to read my camera (go figure, I'll get them uploaded ASAP)

My current assumption to all of the problems I'm currently having is that I hit a Coyote a while ago... it ended up cracking my radiator (replaced) and I'm assuming it didn't RUIN my bumper but is causing all the of my problems here.

My next question is if I have a 2008 GT, will a 2008 GXP bumper fit well? or will I need to drill new holes or what... I like the look of the GXP bumpers much more than the GT's and if I'm going to have to replace it I might as well replace is with something I think looks good.

EDIT: Picture is one I pulled off my facebook to help with the problem with the gap. And after looking at the passenger side headlight... I noticed that the inside corner... where it meets the bumper is actually UNDER the bumper... like tucked in... I honestly don't know what is causing all of this and it just makes my car look, well, bad.
Gap - I noticed mine has this too, so you're not the only one with the problem.

Sticking out - Did you drill the required holes for the adjustment screws? In the stock headlights, the screw is IN the headlight. In the EEs, the screw is OUT of the headlight.

Tucked in - When you install it: you have to put the headlight in, put the bumper under the headlight, install the closest push pin, hold it and secure the nearest headlight screw. The fit isnt just quite right.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I had noticed the gap on mine to, and after taking my headlights out and putting them back in it just seemed worse. So what i did was drill new holes in the bumper cover where the 2 push pins go into it by the headlights, so I could pull it up tighter. Absolutely no gap now and looks better than it ever did.

·
Troy
229 Posts
My passenger headlight always gets water in it

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I had noticed the gap on mine to, and after taking my headlights out and putting them back in it just seemed worse. So what i did was drill new holes in the bumper cover where the 2 push pins go into it by the headlights, so I could pull it up tighter. Absolutely no gap now and looks better than it ever did.
So you just pulled the two ends in tighter? I may consider doing this, that little gap drives me nuts

·
Registered
447 Posts
So you just pulled the two ends in tighter? I may consider doing this, that little gap drives me nuts
Yeah i can get a picture of it later with my cellphone if you want. Ill throw it up later tonight when i get home

1 - 6 of 6 Posts