Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't remember where, but I saw someone post something about these lights:

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/g6.aspx

I have a 2008 Black Pontiac G6 GT Coupe.

I have no idea how to replace the headlights. I also want other services done to my car.

My plans are:
-Probably these headlights (if they're legal in Minnesota)
-Some fog lights (whatever is bright for Minnesota's snow, and not very reflective on water.. I think 4300k?)
-Heated seats
-Some kind of speaker system
-Probably a new battery and HO alternator
-A spoiler (Cause they look bada**)
-some other stuff

Should I just buy everything and bring it to a shop all at once?
Also, what do you guys and gals think I should get? I drive about 100miles per day, and want to enjoy my g6.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Those are just a Halo kit, not complete headlights. GM changed the sealant they used on their headlights in 07, making the headlights nearly impossible to open with the new sealant. If you want halos, I'd take alook at the Eagle Eyes projector headlights. They may be work for what you want.

If you want your fog lights to function at their best, 3100k would be best for them. The yellow light will cut easily through fog.

Personally, I would not take that all to one shop to do. I'd have different shops that specialize in each area doing the installs for each part.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are just a Halo kit, not complete headlights. GM changed the sealant they used on their headlights in 07, making the headlights nearly impossible to open with the new sealant. If you want halos, I'd take alook at the Eagle Eyes projector headlights. They may be work for what you want.

If you want your fog lights to function at their best, 3100k would be best for them. The yellow light will cut easily through fog.

Personally, I would not take that all to one shop to do. I'd have different shops that specialize in each area doing the installs for each part.
I just don't want to pay more in service than parts.. But thanks for letting me think of it like that.

---Does anyone live near Minneapolis, MN? ^^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts