Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GXPOWN3D
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this might be a stupid question but i just want to make sure ........ Are the headlights all the same on the G6s ........ i want to get a stock pair , so i can paint the housings black , then throw them on the gxp.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes and no
For fitment...yes
For ability to easily open and reseal them...no

The 05-06 headlights (and a very select number of early 07's) have a black sealant which can easily (ish) be opened and resealed. The 07+ headlights cannot. If you are going to get a pair to open and paint, you must make sure that they are from an 05-06.

Since I dont know, anyone know what the sealant from the 07+ looks like?

·
Registered
638 Posts
ya, to be able to paint them and easy to open and reseal you have to either get a set of 05-06 headlights or the better option if i remember correctly is buy a new set of "aftermarket" stock replacements that i think are made by eagle eyes, yes they do make regular stock headlight besides the projectors, and i i remember correctly they are normally like $166 a set on ebay

ill try to look up the info on those for you ;) and i hope you are gonna paint them carbon black metalic to match rather than just black?

·
Registered
638 Posts

·
GXPOWN3D
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the info!

Yes and no
For fitment...yes
For ability to easily open and reseal them...no

The 05-06 headlights (and a very select number of early 07's) have a black sealant which can easily (ish) be opened and resealed. The 07+ headlights cannot. If you are going to get a pair to open and paint, you must make sure that they are from an 05-06.

Since I dont know, anyone know what the sealant from the 07+ looks like?

·
GXPOWN3D
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, thanks for the info. darlin! I will look at that link that you posted. And yes if I can find the Carbon Black Metalic paint I will def.use that for the headlights!! That would be awesome! Know where to find it?

ya, to be able to paint them and easy to open and reseal you have to either get a set of 05-06 headlights or the better option if i remember correctly is buy a new set of "aftermarket" stock replacements that i think are made by eagle eyes, yes they do make regular stock headlight besides the projectors, and i i remember correctly they are normally like $166 a set on ebay

ill try to look up the info on those for you ;) and i hope you are gonna paint them carbon black metalic to match rather than just black?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone had troubles with moisture in the headlights? My buddy works at CinCity Designs (a headlight place), we have pulled them apart and resealed them 2 times, and I still get moisture inside the light. Any ideas on what it could be?

·
Registered
638 Posts
No Prob, anything for you ;) you should be able to get the actual exterior paint from the dealer or a bodyshop however you'd have to have an HVLP spray gun and know how to paint or know someone that can do that for ya........i dont know if they make carbon black metalic in a spray can or not.....

Alright, thanks for the info. darlin! I will look at that link that you posted. And yes if I can find the Carbon Black Metalic paint I will def.use that for the headlights!! That would be awesome! Know where to find it?

·
GXPOWN3D
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No Prob, anything for you ;) you should be able to get the actual exterior paint from the dealer or a bodyshop however you'd have to have an HVLP spray gun and know how to paint or know someone that can do that for ya........i dont know if they make carbon black metalic in a spray can or not.....

hehe Thank you ;) and Ill see if I can find it, if not Ill have to settle with just black.... booooo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts