Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Newbie!
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im trying to test my options with different head units in my car. Right now ive got the stock radio, just no auxillary cord. I dont honestly care about any of the options other than the aux, so I really need to get one. What are peoples recommendations, should I buy another stock headunit with aux, a new headunit, or try to fit a 2010 challenger radio in it. Also, im thinking I eventually want a back up camera, so would that push me towards a lcd head unit? What do you guys think?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Back up camera? That's not my thing so I won't go there.

The easiest way is to buy a 2008+ G6 headunit with aux input to replace your current headunit.

If you plan on creating your own aftermarket audio system (aka amp, speakers, sub), then you will want to go for a aftermarket headunit. There are all kinds of headunits and I would recommend Pioneer.

When I went shopping for my headunit there were three things in mind. Customer review stats, simplicity of software/buttons (I hate LCD screen for that reason), and price. You can go to electronic blogs and look up reviews for headunits or go to Amazon.com and look up the bestseller list.

I currently have a $70 Pioneer headunit that does (nearly) everything I need and I couldn't be happier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts