Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 G6 GXP with the heated seats. Only problem is the drivers side seat stopped heating. All signs lead to the coil in the seat. Does anybody know how to replace this? The part is fairly cheap but to have a dealer fix will be fairly expensive. Would love to save some money and also have my heated seat back. Thanks for any suggestions or tips.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a coil in the seat & another in the back. Are they both out?
I'm assuming it's just the one for the bottom of the seat. The guy at the dealer said that if the bottom goes out that the top won't work without it. Idk if this is true or not. Just what I believe to be true.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Having the same problem. Could it be a fuse ? 2008 G6 Conv. Hardtop
Ended up having the dealer do it when I had it in for the water pump. They said the switch shorted out which caused the element to burn out. If your power windows still work it wouldn't be the fuse. From what I have heard they run off the same fuse. Cost for my repair was about $440. :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE: Had this fixed in the beginning of November. Here we are mid March and it's broken again. I can't believe I paid $400 to have it break again before the cold season is even over. :(

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
UPDATE: Had this fixed in the beginning of November. Here we are mid March and it's broken again. I can't believe I paid $400 to have it break again before the cold season is even over. :(
All dealers provide a one year warranty on non-warranty repairs so just take it back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts