Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My G6's heater used to warm up when I'd start the car to warm it up. Now my heater's air turns cold when at stop light or parked. What is causing this and how do I fix it? Thank you!

·
Registered
52 Posts
My G6's heater used to warm up when I'd start the car to warm it up. Now my heater's air turns cold when at stop light or parked. What is causing this and how do I fix it? Thank you!
Your thermostat is probably stuck open. Feel the hose going in the top of the radiator and the one coming out of the bottom. If they feel the same temperature its most likely stuck open.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like low coolant. Have you checked it?
Yes, I have checked the coolant. The Level was low and I put coolant in and it corrected the problem for a week or so then back to the same cold air at a stop. There isn't any noticeable leaks that I can see....

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Yes, I have checked the coolant. The Level was low and I put coolant in and it corrected the problem for a week or so then back to the same cold air at a stop. There isn't any noticeable leaks that I can see....
If the level was low then you have a leak. Could be internal which would not drip onto the ground.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My leak was a water pump that only leaked when the engine was running, so no leak on the ground that I could see. Engine heat burned it off before it hit the ground. That would be a better than a head gasket. But like greenman said, coolant will only go down if there is a leak.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts