Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i need to get to my heater box in my 2006 G6 Sedan 3.5 L, i am having major problems with my heat and i think the heater box is the cause that something is stuck in it, Is there any guides on how to get to it, Do i have to take the dash completely out... any help would be awesome thanks guys...

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
As a matter of fact you do have to remove the dash to pull it out & it's a big job as you can imagine. Most issues don't require pulling it though. What symptoms are you having with the heat?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i posted on here awhile ago about my heat, and i am almost sure u tried to help me with it....Anyways.

1) Some Vents blow luke warm air, and one blows cold..
2) I changed the Termostat.
3) Flushed the Heater core / Both hoses are warm/hot
4) Replaced the fan resistor fan was not working on 1 and 2
5) Some vents are blowing out more air then some
6) i replaced the main controll head.
7) defrost is always on no matter wat direction i put it on, but still comes the vents, floor and defrost if i switch it to any of those but it always comes out the defrost to is it normal for g6 ?
8) i checked the blend door acculator the motor seems to be fine by its self it turns when i turn the heat controll knob, but the thing it connects to does not turn by hand and i was told it should witch leads me to the heaterbox where that is located in.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
20 Posts
Has anyone removed the dash completely? I am having issues with the temp control. Right now it only blows cold and will not go to heat. I checked the actuators and they are both good. I did have a small plastic piece fall out a couple months ago. I am thinking one of the doors in the heater box is broken or detached.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts