1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts

I'm thinking about this for my 3.5L.. I've heard it in person

·
Registered
69 Posts
Since we're on the subject; this has prob. been asked before. Does the 3.5 V6 need a tune to take the GT-R, or can you just install and go?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've personally driven for 3 weeks with just a muffler delete...everything stock. it sounds OK, but not the best. I did a straight pipe back and...resonator delete...44Series Flowmaster muffler. The 1st day i had it on i really didnt notice a differance...but like the 3rd day i could really hear the roar. idk if it was just something mental or wat but when i rev it up its nice...all the way rev'd it lets out a small ricer yelp...best way i can describe it. I love the sound tho...deff wouldnt just do the muffler delete. Ill try and get some sound clips up to help you by today.

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've personally driven for 3 weeks with just a muffler delete...everything stock. it sounds OK, but not the best. I did a straight pipe back and...resonator delete...44Series Flowmaster muffler. The 1st day i had it on i really didnt notice a differance...but like the 3rd day i could really hear the roar. idk if it was just something mental or wat but when i rev it up its nice...all the way rev'd it lets out a small ricer yelp...best way i can describe it. I love the sound tho...deff wouldnt just do the muffler delete. Ill try and get some sound clips up to help you by today.
right on man! appreciate it!:D

·
Registered
34 Posts
go on youtube and search 09 g6 gxp with vibrant exhaust...that is by far the best sounding exhaust I have heard on a g6. he has the part numbers from vibrant performance for the muffler he used. I know it's hard to find a good fit for the g6... it's not a muscle car and it's not a ricer so you have to find a balance in the sound and i think that guy found it!

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
go on youtube and search 09 g6 gxp with vibrant exhaust...that is by far the best sounding exhaust I have heard on a g6. he has the part numbers from vibrant performance for the muffler he used. I know it's hard to find a good fit for the g6... it's not a muscle car and it's not a ricer so you have to find a balance in the sound and i think that guy found it!
I would have to disagree, I really dont think that system sounds that good. It sounds like it is too restricted or something. The engine whine is annoying to me.

Check out the systems on youtube though as there are a lot of great and of course not so great systems that will give you some ideas on what to do and not to do and some will let you know how much beer money you will be spending. Check out Jetmech's system it is one of my favorite sounding G6 exhausts.

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would have to disagree, I really dont think that system sounds that good. It sounds like it is too restricted or something. The engine whine is annoying to me.

Check out the systems on youtube though as there are a lot of great and of course not so great systems that will give you some ideas on what to do and not to do and some will let you know how much beer money you will be spending. Check out Jetmech's system it is one of my favorite sounding G6 exhausts.
i didnt mind the vibrant but i agree that it is restricted sounding, ill def look into that one to im still just looking because the beer money isnt quiet enough to buy a kit yet lol.. mind just save up and get the GT-R

1 - 11 of 11 Posts