Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so glad I found this site, I used to sell Pontiacs and that is when I fell in love with the G6. I have a Black V6 with sunroof, 6 Disk changer, Remote start, Adjustible pedels, the basics. I love my car so far have the same rattle most of you do and this week a vibration in the front end. I am going to take it in for the vibration the rattle I have had it in to a Pontiac dealer and a Chevrolet dealer they cant seem to find it to fix it. I still love it any way. One question anyone else with a black car noticed fine scratches in the paint, if so has anyone figured out how go get rid of them?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Soulmates00 said:
I am so glad I found this site, I used to sell Pontiacs and that is when I fell in love with the G6. I have a Black V6 with sunroof, 6 Disk changer, Remote start, Adjustible pedels, the basics. I love my car so far have the same rattle most of you do and this week a vibration in the front end. I am going to take it in for the vibration the rattle I have had it in to a Pontiac dealer and a Chevrolet dealer they cant seem to find it to fix it. I still love it any way. One question anyone else with a black car noticed fine scratches in the paint, if so has anyone figured out how go get rid of them?
I haven't noticed any in mine. I'm washing it this weekend, so I'll make sure I look. Sounds like we have them same car. Is your's a GT? I saw on TV about On-Star can do a diagnostic test on your car. I wonder if I push the On-Star button if they could run a test and figure out the rattle noise? Tell me what you think?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope I have the regular sedan. As I was trained with On-Star they cant diagnose rattles just the check engine codes. Have you used the Tap shifting? I didnt want to spend the extra money on the GT unless it had the Panaramic roof, so I opted for mine with XM radio.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a black G6 V6 and have also noticed fine scratches in the paint - haven't figured out anything though if i do i'll post it (although i've tried about 4 different surface scratch removers, they do improve the scratches making them less noticable)

·
Registered
152 Posts
my black g6 has a ton of little scratches.. can't find a way to take them out.. but found a way to hide them.. it's weird.. never noticed this on any of the other black cars in my family..

·
Registered
314 Posts
Black cars will do that, whether its a Ford or a GM, but I've noticed GM black does seem to swirl and scratch much easier then others.

My best suggestion would be to wash, claybar, wash, wax, and wax again. It may not remove them, but it'll probably do a fair job covernig it up. Also, if you mosey on over to the GAOC, do a search and look for the topic containing the words "Diamond" coating or something.

A guy on there had his black Grand Am GT diamond coated, it's like a teflan. They did a days worth of buffing and scratch/swirl removing (Which he said was very successful for the most part), and then coat it with this stuff. Look at those pics!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts