Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just bought a 2006 Pontiac G6 GT this week and am loving it. I came across this site when looking for information about all the features of the monsoon sound package.

Annnd thats about it.

-Bullseyed

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello! Coupe or Sedan? Color? Pics are always welcome!
Coupe. I'll get pictures sooner or later I'm sure, but I don't really have a non-cell-phone camera at the moment.

It's the metallic blue color, 2006, coupe, G6 GT with Monsoon sound upgrade, 23,000 miles, etc.

Eventually I'm probably going to do some upgrades (My brother owns a detail shop and is getting into doing HID installations. I'm interested in doing some kind of blue interior lighting thing. Maybe even replacing the red backlit consoles with blue, if that is even possible.) but for now I'm just trying to learn about all the factory features, mostly for the sound system.

Turned off the horn honking when I lock and unlock (that was so annoying) and it took me 20 minutes to figure out that the interior lights turning on when the door opens was tied to the dome light in the back. Figured out how to use the 6 disc changer and messed with all the presets and tone and whatnot. What I'm onto now is trying to figure out how to use the 'song list' button. The random button seems pretty self explanatory, but the two buttons next to it seem to indicate there is some kind of playlist option? I'll poke around in the audio portion of the site later on, but that's what I've been after recently.

Wow, I'm long winded. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Winter snow pics will be appreciated come January ;)
The blue will probably look sweet in a winter setting. Going to be such a pain to get it washed all the time to prevent salt damage though.

Previous car was a 2002 Sunfire, so winter driving should be a lot more fun with double the horsepower.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let's see how "Buffalonian" you are - were you upset when the Braves moved to San Diego? If so, not a true "Buffalonian" :p
That isn't how Buffalonian I am, that is how old I am. I'm only 22 so I don't have much recollection of it, seeing as their last game played was April 9, 1978, almost 10 years before I was born.

Welcome & you sound like my car twin minus the monsoon :)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I was looking at pictures of yours the other day for ideas. You had a better interior package than I did, but I actually don't mind not having the leather seats which I was originally bummed about. I like the racing style foam/cloth ones better and they don't get hot in the sun/summer.

I love the monsoon system so far, I just wish the manual had more information about it.

I like the idea of the option to switch to manual transmission, but since I have no experience with it, I haven't really used it yet for fear of killing my transmission by messing up with shifting.

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Haha j/k about the Braves but we got to find out how old you are ;)

One of my favorite things about this car is the manumatic - I had the steering wheel paddle shifter setup on my Grand Prix and, while both have their advantages and disadvantages now that I'm used to the floor shifter I think I like it better. Don't worry about your transmission; there are safeguards against you upshifting or more importantly downshifting too early/by mistake. It's definitely a much more fun driving experience :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha j/k about the Braves but we got to find out how old you are ;)

One of my favorite things about this car is the manumatic - I had the steering wheel paddle shifter setup on my Grand Prix and, while both have their advantages and disadvantages now that I'm used to the floor shifter I think I like it better. Don't worry about your transmission; there are safeguards against you upshifting or more importantly downshifting too early/by mistake. It's definitely a much more fun driving experience :D
I'm pretty open when it comes to personal information, lol. Could have asked age and I would have told you. 22 yr old graduate of the Electrical Engineering program at UB, starting UB MBA program at the end of the month.

I tried it once and downshifted too fast and over-reved the engine a little when I had to stop for a red light. Right now I'm trying to keep track of what RPM and MPH it shifts at when it's on auto, so I can shift at those times on manual.

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Hmmm...it may have revved pretty high but I'm pretty certain the system wouldn't let you rev above redline; I haven't had the pleasure with this car but a couple times in my GP I accidentally hit downshift instead of upshift :eek: and it dinged at me while staying in the same gear. I would imagine there's a similar "nanny" setup on ours :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmm...it may have revved pretty high but I'm pretty certain the system wouldn't let you rev above redline; I haven't had the pleasure with this car but a couple times in my GP I accidentally hit downshift instead of upshift :eek: and it dinged at me while staying in the same gear. I would imagine there's a similar "nanny" setup on ours :)
I may have meant revved very high instead of over revved. I'm new to this whole car thing. lol. My terminology is probably going to be bad for the next month or so.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did some profile updates. I'll have to get photos eventually, but right now there isn't really much of note as I haven't done any mods yet. Still working on signature ideas.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts