Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I just bought my 2005 G6 GT a little over a month ago and found this site while searching for things to do to it. I'm new to Pontiac, but it didn't take me long to love it. I wasn't sure if I'd like it at first so the dealership let me take it for the weekend. I decided I wanted it the first time I drove it to work. I got it to replace my Mustang that got totaled out. Not my fault, some jerk in a big gray Chevy truck sideswiped me. I was ready to replace the 'stang, but not quite in that manner! In any case, here I am and I'm loving my G6! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome!

My husband works in construction and the company he works for has done a lot of work at the local Chrysler place, so they had some connections there. Not only did they loan me the car for the weekend, they also lowered the price quite a bit and gave me a mighty fine interest rate!

I do like this car a lot. I was really wanting a Dodge Charger and even though they had one there, this gorgeous blue car caught my eye. It's my favorite color, and it has the dark interior, as well as plenty of extras that helped sway me. I am absolutely loving having a moonroof again, and driving home at night is the perfect weather to have it open right now. It also has the Monsoon sound which is nice. Also, since I'm vertically challenged, the adjustable pedals was a huge plus. Needless to say I'm not regretting choosing it over the Charger. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcomes. I've been trying to get familiar with the site and looking at other members' rides. I can't believe how much work some people put into them, but it all looks nice. All I'm itching for right now is some brighter lights and tinted windows!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not really sure what they're called. On the mustang I had I changed the headlights out completely. They were old and yellowed so I replaced them with the clear marker ones and they were a bit brighter. Then later on my husband got some replacement bulbs for them, along with some fog lights for me and I was happy with that. Basically even brighter replacement bulbs for this one will work as long as I can see better at night. I'm always afraid of hitting a deer on my way home from work because the light span isn't wide enough unless I have my bright lights on. You'd think there'd be no traffic at midnight, but there is so I can't always run my brights. So recommend anything to me if you wish, but keep in mind I'm not a big fan of the ones that burn blue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice G6, its good to see another newb here with me... Problem for me is... I think Im the only one that was dumb enough not to buy a V6... I was thinking the 2.4L would be good for me with gas mileage and all... and it is... but ehhh.... I still like it... well welcome and hope to see you around...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts