Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, guys,
I see You have nice www here. Well i decided to join in as i got G6 also recently. This is my baby :)

You can see airbag inflated... Now it is repaired

I bought it on mobile.de in Germany. The only one in Europe GTP G6 sedan i guess :))
So its definitely will be a problem with spare parts. I guess i will find help here, if i need.

Have a nice day to you all :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Welcome!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are You guys are all from North America? I mean, it's interesting how the G6 is popular worldwide :) Here in Lithuania most cars are made in Germany or Japan. If the engine is bigger than 2,5-3,0L you are probably insane to drive such a thirsty monster here :)

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Haha yeah I hear ya on the engine thing - I'm on an Astra Twintop forum based in the UK (pretty much the only actively posting North American member) and their engines top out at 2.0. I felt pretty high n mighty about my 3.9 until they mentioned getting 32 mpg around town :eek:

And welcome to our US funfest!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lucky you to live in US :)) Because gas price in Lithuania is 6.6$/gallon. And average salary is around 500-1500$/month :) Now you can imagine what does it mean to have G6 here :))))))) Is that yours convertible? Very nice... Wish i could get that one :)

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
welcome to the club! Nice 6!

·
1,035 Posts
Indeed on the gas prices :eek: And yes I have the convertible version and do love it (for the most part). Hey if you're on Facebook you can check out more pics of the car (in the Current Ride section) and other odd random stuff as advertised by clicking the link in my sig :D And shoot me a Friend Request as well :beer:

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Welcome to the site! I didn't know any G6s were sold or driven over sees! I thought they were limited to the US and Canada. and I guess there would be some in Mexico. Was it imported? But anyways I'm sure you'll love it. I bet you'll still find parts for it out there though. The G6 is built off the Epsilon platform, Which is also what they use to build some Opals and a Fiat or two. I'm sure if you do have any issues with getting parts someone from here would probably be willing to find parts and send them out to you. May be cheaper that way then having a shop or dealer order and ship them for ya! haha

I love your seats as well! Very nice! Enjoy your G6!

Oh and I think although you pay over $6 a gallon for gas I think it's slightly different then the gas we get here in the states. From what I could put together the gas in Europe can yield higher power ratings and better mileage...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
My previous car was Mazda 626. Old, but reliable. So i decided to look for newer Mazda 6. Anyway i didn't find anything, that fits my needs for the asked price. So i was just surfing through various ads and somehow accidentally stuck on this G6 in Germany. I instantly liked it :) The price was unreal low. And I managed to deal for just 4400 euros (~5600$). The car had only one owner, no serious issues (checked in Carfax). I think that previous owner brought it to Germany by himself and after minor accident decided to get rid of it as repairing would be unreasonable (time and money). All my friends thought that i was just joking :) 3,9L! Am i crazy?? And repairing will cost me an arm&leg here. But i was stubborn enough :) Finally i got my car to Lithuania. And here it all started :) First i needed to adopt my G6 according European requirements (precisely car lights). Then many more bureaucracy procedures... And also repairing that minor dent and inflated airbags. The final price grew to 6500euros (8400$). Anyway it was way more cheaper than buying for example Mazda 6 or Honda accord of the same year. Overall car was in very good condition, driven mostly in California. It had 80000 miles. As i mentioned i found only one GTP in all Europe. A couple of GT coupe and sedans.. No more than this. :))) So i am very glad that i found this site. Not feeling so lonely across the Atlantic ocean :)))
As for gas. The lowest octane is 95 in gas stations. Driving on highway 50-60miles/h i got 7,5L/100km (31mpg). In the city its hard to measure, because i spend a lot of time in Mcdrive etc. :))

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Still not a bad price for the GTP, you got the biggest motor the car came with, if it was just imported and driven though then it's not working properly off the 95 octane you have, here in the states the lowest octane is 87, which is what the car is programmed to run on. You may want to consider getting the car tunes to run off the 95 octane you have out there, You'll see more performance and MPG gains once you allow that engine to take advantage of the stronger fuels, What are the other ratings available out there?
On the east coast it goes 87, 89, 93 and on the west I believe its 87,89,91. I found some gas stations out here that have something closer to 95 or 105 octane, but then it'll cost closer to what you pay. 6-7$ per gallon.

Pretty nice it was mostly driven in California. You know it probably has no issues with rust! Hopefully it wont be too much of a hassle to be approve to drive on the roads out there. I don't know much about the regulations but I know that laws regarding the lights are different.

Good luck in getting the car all set and ready to be your new daily driver. You'll love it even more!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey, You gave me a good idea. I checked this. And what i found is that US/EU use different way to calculate octane:
87 octane in the USA = 92 octane in Europe
89 octane in the USA= 94 octane in Europe
92 octane in the USA = 97 octane in Europe
Hm... is there a big difference between 87 and 89? Have anyone tried using 89? :/
92 octane gas is out of market from 2008 in lithuania... Maybe i should try to use smuggled gas from neighboring russia :D

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
A few more octane wont hurt it. The only reason we dont put in higher octane is
it costs more. ha haaa

Russian gas is like russian women....very volatile. :p

·
1,035 Posts
x3 to the volatile comment :eek: BTW do they have "In Soviet Russia..." jokes in Lithuania?

Anyway, on-topic I tried a couple tanks of 93 when I first got the car and it made no noticeable difference in performance, so back to good ol' 87 for me :) There are tunes that can be had to tap into the performing power of 93 octane, but I've opted for other performance stuff :beer:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts