Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My name is Carol and I just bought my 06 G6 last Friday and love it! I am learning all the things about these cars cause I never had a Pontiac before....first time for everything. Does anybody know if I can install a Clifford Remote Starter on this car. My mechanic thinks maybe not but I know Pontiac sells remote starts and I don't want to waste the one I had on my last car.

Thanks all.

Attachments

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
Welcome!! Where in Texas?

Im in San Antonio!!

Check your RPO codes on the paper in the glovebox.
See if you have AP3 or AP8 on there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi all. My name is Carol and I just bought my 06 G6 last Friday and love it! I am learning all the things about these cars cause I never had a Pontiac before....first time for everything. Does anybody know if I can install a Clifford Remote Starter on this car. My mechanic thinks maybe not but I know Pontiac sells remote starts and I don't want to waste the one I had on my last car.

Thanks all.
You can install a Clifford on there no problem, but most of these cars have what is called PassKey or PK3. You may have to buy a module that tricks the car into thinking the key is in the ignition.

Did you get factory remotes and if so, is there a button in it with a circle / arrow on it? A lot of people dont know that is a built in remote starter or how to actually use it. If you have that button on your remote, you have to press the door lock first, then hold the circle / arrow button for a couple seconds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info Lampoon and Hollywood. I'm in Dallas. Actually my car did not come with remotes and I called Pontiac and they told me it was not installed with keyless entry that is why I didn't get any remotes. I will check the info on the AP3/AP8 as suggested and will also find out about the price on the module to bypass the PK3. You both have been great help....thanks a million

1 - 7 of 7 Posts