Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the G6 owners forum. I've had my blue G6 convertible 3.9 for about a year now. I stumbled upon your website while figuring out how to replace the turn signal switch which broke last night. Very helpful information. Hope to get it fixed as soon as the new part arrives.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all of the welcomes. The piece on fixing the turn signal switch was spot on. $25 and 15 minutes and it is working like new!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey, Blue!......Currint here, I just joined too!......Mine is Blue Gold Xtal too!......In a barn right now....out of the snow 'n ice......

Did you replace directional switch yourself?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, Blue!......Currint here, I just joined too!......Mine is Blue Gold Xtal too!......In a barn right now....out of the snow 'n ice......

Did you replace directional switch yourself?
Yes, I replaced it myself. Quite easy, actually. Unfortunately, I have to drive mine year round, including snow and ice, - which we don't get a ton of in Kentucky... I don't think the previous owner did though, based on the condition of the underbody and engine bay when I got it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice Work......With my last convertible [cloth top] there was a release in the trunk that in the event of a sudden rainstorm we could disconnect the power top mechanism and put the top up manually.........do the G6's have any such provisions?.......With our 2000 Cavalier Convertible we never had a failure........and it doesn't have leather and a Monsoon system.......frankly, I'm a little worried about the G6.....I,m not sure how to post this to the other members of the Forum........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking at the Service Manual, this is not something you want to have to do. If you can get the trunk lid open to the reverse open position, which if you don't have power, isn't easy, you could manually fold the top up with a few tools and the help of another person. The service manual has you completely removing the trunk lid from the vehicle. Then you have to figure out how to manually fold in the close-out panel "wings". Has anyone out there ever had the issue of the top not going up, or had experience manually folding up the top? Not a need - just a what if!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts