Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 with a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder motor. It has 43,000 miles on it. I am not the original owner of the car I’ve actually owned it since April 2011 and it appears we already have a major problem :(. The chain of events leeading to this issue: I had my oil changed at Wal-Mart on 7/11, on 7/29 I drove to Kansas City (about 4 hours from where I am) It did fine on the way there no issues until on my way home it started shifting hard and the check engine light came on. The next day it was off and was not shifting hard, over the last month it would randomly start shifting very hard and the check engine light would come on. When it wasn’t shifting hard the engine light was off, when it was it was on. It’s now shifting hard consistently all the time even harder then it was (seems to just be getting worse) along with the check engine light on all the time now. I took it to O’Reily’s to have the code read and it came back p0014 which is exhaust camshaft position sensor. I had the oil changed about 3 to 4 weeks ago (on time) I dug the receipt up to make sure the proper oil was used in it (it was) and checked the oil level (which is normal). I’ve called and talked to a mechanic we know and he went over all the possible causes behind this but it appears it’s going to be very expensive to fix.

However he did suggest that I look into the Federal Emissions Warranty to see if this problem was covered under it. I pulled out the information on that warranty and from what I can understand it is 8 years or 80,000 miles. However I don’t know a lot about cars and my husband well its not his car so he doesn’t care. Can anyone shed any light on this, the problem and the Emissions Warranty? :confused::confused::mad::mad:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Google "OBD code P0014" and there is a lot of good info out there, but what I can gather P0010 through P0099 are a malfunction of an emissions sensor or control solenoid responsible for engine timing.

So depending on where that sensor is, the brunt of the expense would be getting to it. Also too, from what I'm reading is that there is a screen on the actuator and it either gets dirty or falls off and causes this code. The actuator uses oil pressure to change the timing of the valve and an issue with that screens screws with the timing.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 with a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder motor. It has 43,000 miles on it. I am not the original owner of the car I’ve actually owned it since April 2011 and it appears we already have a major problem :(. The chain of events leeading to this issue: I had my oil changed at Wal-Mart on 7/11, on 7/29 I drove to Kansas City (about 4 hours from where I am) It did fine on the way there no issues until on my way home it started shifting hard and the check engine light came on. The next day it was off and was not shifting hard, over the last month it would randomly start shifting very hard and the check engine light would come on. When it wasn’t shifting hard the engine light was off, when it was it was on. It’s now shifting hard consistently all the time even harder then it was (seems to just be getting worse) along with the check engine light on all the time now. I took it to O’Reily’s to have the code read and it came back p0014 which is exhaust camshaft position sensor. I had the oil changed about 3 to 4 weeks ago (on time) I dug the receipt up to make sure the proper oil was used in it (it was) and checked the oil level (which is normal). I’ve called and talked to a mechanic we know and he went over all the possible causes behind this but it appears it’s going to be very expensive to fix.

However he did suggest that I look into the Federal Emissions Warranty to see if this problem was covered under it. I pulled out the information on that warranty and from what I can understand it is 8 years or 80,000 miles. However I don’t know a lot about cars and my husband well its not his car so he doesn’t care. Can anyone shed any light on this, the problem and the Emissions Warranty? :confused::confused::mad::mad:
A recent thread on this very issue:

http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10523&highlight=p0014

Read that first then come back with any questions here. Happy to help. This is actually one of the easiest problems to fix as they are conveniently located on top of the 2.4l engine. I honestly can't tell you if the CMP Actuator Solenoids are covered under your Powertrain warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts