Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a Pontiac G6 2008, sometimes when I get off the car, I forget to lock the doors, and I think the car has an option to auto lock the doors, once I turn off the engine and close all the doors, in the case I forget to lock the door, does anyone know how to set the auto lock feature?? Thank you.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Hello, I have a Pontiac G6 2008, sometimes when I get off the car, I forget to lock the doors, and I think the car has an option to auto lock the doors, once I turn off the engine and close all the doors, in the case I forget to lock the door, does anyone know how to set the auto lock feature?? Thank you.
I'm unsure what you are asking, the G6 will not lock the car unless you tell it to via the remote key or pressing the lock buttom on the door. If you are not going to use the remote key to lock the car then your only other choice is to manually lock the car. As stated before, there is a delay option you can use but thats about it. (As far as I know the G6 does not have an option to always lock the doors when the engine is off and the doors are closed.)

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
Hmmm...what's the point of the five second delay after the doors are closed?
Hit the lock button as you are opening the driver's door, close that door then open the rear door to take out your briefcase or backpack or whatever... done it many times. Also gives you a chance to open and re-close the door in case you closed it too gently the first time and it's not all the way shut.

~ MattInSoCal

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I like the delay lock too because I've gotten into the habit of hitting the lock button when I get out of the car. This causes anyone else in the car to be stuck inside unless they open the door before I can hit the lock button. At least with the delay lock, I just have to hit it once and forget about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.