Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade my exhaust for a bit more aggressive sound and and some increased performance. I dont want it to sound obnoxious and raspy. Looking for something simple and relatively cheap. I know i get what I pay for. But if its all the same beside a name (Borla v Magnagflow) I can bargain shop. If someone could educate me on how to get the sound im looking for without over doing it. Good brands to use and just tell me the difference each choice makes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
OBX Racing stainless catback system can be found on eBay for around $400 (before shipping). It's well made and doesn't have an over the top sound.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking to upgrade my exhaust for a bit more aggressive sound and and some increased performance. I dont want it to sound obnoxious and raspy. Looking for something simple and relatively cheap. I know i get what I pay for. But if its all the same beside a name (Borla v Magnagflow) I can bargain shop. If someone could educate me on how to get the sound im looking for without over doing it. Good brands to use and just tell me the difference each choice makes.
Mine is 06 g6 gt 3.5 l to get a little more sound out of it I had the resonator cut off and spliced in straight pipe and its sounds pretty good.

·
Sturgis South Dakota
6 Posts
I'm just going to throw out a little advice here. Try to find someone who's purchased the exhaust that you're interested in. You could probably actually contact Ebay seller's or the manufacturer to get a name in your area. I used to own an ATV/UTV service center, and one guy wanted an aftermarket exhaust for a very expensive ATV. To save like $200 bucks, we went with a cheaper one. Long story short, he still spent like $600 and absolutely hated the sound after about 10 miles! lol... Nothing you can do at that point!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts