Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So iv had my HID's for a a few months now. I have 6000 k's highs and lows, an i used the relay harness. One of my fuse holders (low beams) that was sent to me didnt close right so the fuse always kinda had a loose connection. I just had to push it in every once and a while and they would work awhile. They were working good for like a month straight and then they stopped. I opened the fuse holder up and the fuse was melted right into the fuse holder. I know this is an easy fix to just put a new inline fuse and holder in, but i just dont understand why this happened and dont wanna waste my time if its just gunna happen again. My highs still work so this is bareable for awhile.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Could just be that there was more current than its rated for passing through it for a long period of time.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Could also be because the fuse was loose. If it's sitting loose enough and it was just a barely making contact then it would work, But trying to pull all that current through one little spot on the connector can make get really hot but not fail. Happened on my amp when I replaced the broken fuse holder with two spade connectors, Melted them all together, Put an in-line fuse holder in and boom, all works well

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update, i replaced the fuse holder with a 99.9 percent water proof one and i have not had a problem since. I should have just done that at the start when i first noticed the fuse in the holder was loose. Alls good now tho!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Does your HIDs take a few seconds to fully light up?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts