Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2005 g6 gt and of course the first thing that needs to change is the exhaust haha. Im just looking for a deeper tone that doesn't crack/pop at high rpms. Any help would be great. I really don't wanna spend over 200 dollars for now. So I may do this in steps. Thanks for your input

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
With that price range you are going to be really limited. You will find the GM and Magnaflow bolt ons that are single outlet and the GT-R system is dual outlet, other than that you will have to go custom, check out youtube for various custom systems.

·
Living the MINI life...
98 Posts
Everyone is gonna tell you that the GTR exhaust has proven performance gains and that any other exhaust is gonna hurt your torque and yada yada. And it costs over $600 or somethin, Im not sure. If your only lookin to spend $200 right now, you def wanna replace your resonator with a glasspack, or some other straight through muffler. I also have a Flowmaster 40 series. Ive been wanting to try a Cherry Bomb Vortex. Others have used Magnaflow. Its your choice. Replacing the resonator and muffler with high flow items are basically all you can do with $200. I went to the exhaust shop on two different occasions to get the setup I have now. All together it cost $260. And it will vary by area. I feel like I got a good deal.

·
Living the MINI life...
98 Posts
You could also save your $200 dollars HAHA!

·
Midnight Hiker
41 Posts
After hearing the GTR, Magnaflow, and Flowmaster in person ... I bought the Flowmaster 80 series ... I love it ... its loud enough when you really extend the first gear drone, it really turns heads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts