Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Decepticon
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I've been doing search after search looking for the perfect double din for me.

Features wanted:
> Touch screen of course
> Volume dial option (I don't like full touch)
> Bluetooth
> Navigation
> MUST light up red or be able to change to red

I prefer Alpine, but I'm open to few other options. I'm only looking to spend in the $600 range. That's why I'm having trouble finding what I'm looking for. Everything I find that sparks my interests is in the $700+ range, and I don't see myself paying that much for a radio.

I saw this one, but I much rather have Alpine. What do you guys think? Any help is appreciated.

·
Decepticon
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That Pioneer is the same one I listed above. It is really nice. That may be the option I end up going with. I'll need a factory integration adapter so I could still get the warning chimes too, right?

·
Decepticon
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well, I was bidding on one on eBay. Had it in the bag up until the last bit of the bidding. Someone got it from under me for $395, which was a steal! Oh well, I will have to go with my original choice when I save up the money. I'm still not sure rather I need the FI adapter, or if its even a big deal to keep the chimes feature. Though, I would like to keep them. Hopefully my dad and I will at least be putting my lowering springs on this weekened or next. That'll save me a little heartache from the nav lol

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
It's my understanding the chimes will work either way. The only thing you would need to worry about is keeping the DIC. Which is done by using the Metra dash kit. People with double dins often mount them somewhere else. Like the glovebox.

·
Decepticon
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I would probably get the DIC kit and relocate it in my center console. I was on Crutchfield and it says the FI adapter is for OnStar, RAP (whatever that is), and safety warning chimes.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I've driven around without a radio and my chimes worked fine. RAP is Retained Accessory Power. It's what keeps the radio on when you turn the car off and allows it to run for 10 minutes or until the door is opened.

The one you linked is not the same as the one I linked. I linked a 950bh and you linked a 850bt.

·
Decepticon
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You two saved me a good bit of money then! And Dmanj, they looked identical, so I didn't look further. I'm guessing the one you linked has more features? I'll definitely be going with one or the other. My main uses for it will be navigation and most of all, bluetooth for audio. I love my music!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts