Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one thing I don't like about the 'dual' exhaust on my car is the size of the tips. Since there's no exhaust out for the car yet, I may buy those chrome tips that you clamp on to the stock exhaust. Now, I used Paint to come up what it would look like to either put a) bigger single tips, or b) quad tips. The one issue I may experience with the quad tips is room, because of the plastic guard under the bumper that has the exhaust cutouts...they may be too small for quad tips.

The first pic is what it looks like now. Second is the bigger tips. Third is the quad exhaust. What do you all think I should do?

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Looks good with qauds in the photoshop, but I like the exhaust on our cars... I wouldn't change it...maybe cut that resonator out to get a little bit more sound out during WOT.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I'm not too sure what I like either. I like the bigger tips, but Pontiac put quad tips on some of their cars and it looked nice, like the Grand Am GT or certain models of the Firebird.

Mike

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the G6 sedan and I put quad tips on it and took off the resonater, know I see myself lookin at how to get duals on my car with one hole cut out at the bumper. I LOVE my car and HATE it at the same time..LOL If anybody knows any good ways to put duals on please let me know.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe you could get the black plastic piece that is attached to the bottom of the rear bumper from a GTP model, and bolt it onto yours so that way you'll have dual exits.

Mike

·
Registered
78 Posts
I didint even think of that, how much do you think the plastic piece will run? I was thinkin of bringin the duals out of each side just behind the rear tires, pointing down. I did that on my 02 chrysler sebring and it looked good, I had only 1 1/2 inches showing from under the car. The only down side of doing that is the exit hole with nuthing their, somtimes you just have to improvise... LOL

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not too sure. I looked on newchevroletparts.com, they have a listing under 'Rear Bumper and Components' for a 'Lower Cover' that costs $51 online, or $68 from the dealership, so I'm guessing that's it. But it's for the 2005 models. You'd just have to email or call them to see if they have the 2006 model for the GTP with the dual cutouts.

Mike

·
Registered
268 Posts
There are endless styles of tips out there Magnaflow makes some nice tips give them a look. I agree, Tips are a bit to small. But I dont Plan to keep my stock exhaust for long lol.

Ehhh, I want the GTP already. I still need to De modd the GA. It wont be untill Dec. because i'm going to be at sea most of this fall :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think the quads make the ass end look too busy, while the big tips give it cleaner more high performance look...the illusion of bigger pipes behind the tips.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts