Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a g6 base 4 cylinder 4 dr right i lowered it on heated springs but i am moving from new jersey to georigia and i am driving the car down from jersey so i am looking into buying lowering springs everyone has recomended me eibach even tho they dont lower mucu but o well so my question is everywhere i search eibach lowering springs it has em for the g6 6 cylinder not the 4 cylinder is it the same suspension can i buy it for a 6 cylinder even tho im putting it on a 4 cylinder ?????? And whats the best one the pro kit they come powder coated black is so please recomend lowering springs asap i am leaving soon n need to order them by tomorrow thanks so much !!!! And would help if anyone could also post link up so i can know where to find them eaisier thanks !!!!!!​

·
Legend
782 Posts
EBay. They're the same for the 4 and 6 cylinder. Eibach pro kit. Just search g6 lowering springs.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
The springs will fit either the 4cyl or 6cyl and either 2door or 4door. Tirerack.com sells H&R Springs and Eibachs.

H&R - Least Low - Best Ride Quality - 1.5"F and 1.3"R drop
Eibach - Medium Low - Still Good Ride Quality - 1.5"F and 1.75"R Rear
SSC/Canuck - Max Low - Still a decent ride - 1.75" F&R Drop

I have the 4 cyl with SSC Springs and It realistically got me 2" lower than stock.
SSC aren't made anymore but they are pretty much the same thing as Canuck motorsport springs, Which I have seen on ebay for a pretty good price.

Other than that you can go with coil overs but that's at least a grand haha

·
Living the MINI life...
98 Posts
CruisinG6, did you have to mess with the sway bar linkage or put some aftermarket struts on?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
In the front yes. You have to pull the entire strut assembly. That means disconnecting the sway bar end link, Brake line clip, pulling it off the nuckle and out of the strut tower. You'll then need a spring compressor tool to replace the springs.

The rears are incredibly easy. One bolt and you can drop the control arm and swap springs.

I left my stock shocks in. Here's a side view to show how low I got: 4Cyl, 17" Steelies, SSC Springs.

Note: The car is parked half in some uneven grass making the front sit a little higher and the rear a lil lower...

And here's one on pavement...

11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so i installed the eibach but the front is lower then the bak n it looks like a monster truck :-(

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No i had em installed at my boyz shop n the big ones go in the front n the small in the bag something like that well he knew but then im
Guessn the bak looks more dropped cuz i got two 10"s in the back trunk for subs n 3 amps may b dats y the front looks higher then the bak ugh its botherin me i wanna cut the front so it evens out

11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you mistakenly swap the springs? If not... it takes some time for the springs to settle. Wait a couple of days and see how it sits.
If it ends w ur same drop ill b happy ur car looks good but if it stays w the way it looks now like a monster truck ill cut em lol i drove it n felt i was driven a monster truck jajajajaja

1 - 14 of 14 Posts