Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie to this site, been looking through forums for a while though.
I have a 06 GTP and the driver's hot seat stopped working (and this has been a BRUTAL winter in Ohio). I have searched several places for a step-by-step heating element repair for my car - can't find one.
I do almost all fix-ups on my car myself and can't see paying someone a couple hundred dollars to do this.
After reading tons of blogs and DIY articles, all that is left to be the problem is the heating element. I took the seat out and started taking it apart but got nervous because things started looking complicated.
Is there a step-by-step diagram or vid out there?
:confused:

Thanks a bunch :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same problem on my dodge pickup, unfortunately I couldn't just replace the elements as they are actually part of the foam inserts(so the dealer says at the tune of $360. each side). I ordered an aftermarket set off of ebay and installed them myself. It was time consuming just because of the intimidation factor but once I dove into it wasn't that bad just take your time and label everything. just a little fyi use a light coat of wd-40 on the inside of the leather seat covers when you go to put them back on it helps tremendously.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts