Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2005 g6 GT with the 3.5L V6. It has about 88K on it. I was driving home for lunch today and when I pulled in the driveway and it started idling really rough jumping inbetween 600 and 900 RPM. I turned it off and went inside for about an hour. When I came back out to start it up it was slow to start up and was still doing the rough idle. I opened the hood to see if I could see or hear anything. I listened on the accesory side and everything sounded normal but when I went over to the other side of the engine I heard a prshhh sound coming from the area where the throttle body meets the intake manifold. There is a little cylinder looking thing in this area with some sort of hose coming off it and it actually sounds like it is coming from there. I shut it off and tried to restart it and it did not want to start until I pushed the gas pedal a couple of times and still ran rough. Also there are no warning lights coming on. I just parked it in the garage and took the other car which eats much more gas!!!. Please someone help me or steer me in the right direction!!! Thanks.

·
Lifetime Member
3,805 Posts
I have a 2005 g6 GT with the 3.5L V6. It has about 88K on it. I was driving home for lunch today and when I pulled in the driveway and it started idling really rough jumping inbetween 600 and 900 RPM. I turned it off and went inside for about an hour. When I came back out to start it up it was slow to start up and was still doing the rough idle. I opened the hood to see if I could see or hear anything. I listened on the accesory side and everything sounded normal but when I went over to the other side of the engine I heard a prshhh sound coming from the area where the throttle body meets the intake manifold. There is a little cylinder looking thing in this area with some sort of hose coming off it and it actually sounds like it is coming from there. I shut it off and tried to restart it and it did not want to start until I pushed the gas pedal a couple of times and still ran rough. Also there are no warning lights coming on. I just parked it in the garage and took the other car which eats much more gas!!!. Please someone help me or steer me in the right direction!!! Thanks.
What are your driving habits? From here, in Baton Rouge, it sounds like you're in need of a tune up. In the past I heard of this problem and the other owners have tried "blowing it out", meaning, to floor the accelerator on the G6 for a 0-70 run on an interstate. (Some folks go more but I cannot ask you to do that ;).)

You may have heard of “Techron” on this forum before, mainly from Lampoon, this stuff really works. I use Chevron gasoline which has techron in it. Since I started to use this gasoline (in the early 90s) I have NEVER had fuel system problems and a fuel system problem is what it sounds like you are having to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update

The pipe assembly from my EGR solenoid had a hole in it so I ordered an entire new assembly from amazon along with some new plugs and wires (I am at 88k), changed them all out, put a bottle of Techron in the tank, and she has been running like new!!! I will probably go ahead and flush out that dex-cool garbage next week and change out the tranny fluid. Thanks to all of those that replied and I hope this might be able to help anyone who is having the same problems.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.