Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Pontiac G6 that I purchased new in July of 2006. No aftermarket parts the car currently has about 85000 miles on it and I have an extended warranty up to 100000 that expires in July 2013. The check engine light has been coming on for about two years. In August 2011 the car began having severe issues. SES light came on as well as check engine, the odometer read "error", the gauges stop registering for a second (but then will work), the radio display will say "Power Steering", and the transmission will shake the whole car as it tries to shift. When this happens I turn the car off and open the drivers side door to turn off the radio and overhead light. That makes the SES light go away and the gauges etc. will work normally again but the check engne light will stay on and when you put the car in drive it really clunks in. Originally this happened at speeds of about 25 mph. This has been happening intermittenly since then and primarily only when I drive long distances at about 60-75 mph. I took it in to a GM dealer where I live in August 2011, they had the car for a week and found 15 different codes that came up and suggested I replace the battery but could give me no other explanation. That didn't work and the car still continues to have this problem. The car is currently at the same dealership service center for the same issues. They have been relaying the car back and forth from another dealership they own to try and re-create the problem and nothing. I have called Pontiac Customer Care and they are working the issue for me, but I am getting very frustrated and need answers since this is my only vehicle and can't have this continue. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

1 - 1 of 1 Posts