Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got this car, this is like the 6th time I’ve used the top- maybe 7. Started to put it down today and realized I had a box in back when it stopped. Closed top, took out package, opened top. Get home and start to close top and it stops after top over car and almost shut. Open it and try to close again- same. Look at deck lid, all looks fine, get back in and look up and see the top is not pushing forward enough so rubber pins and patches are sitting behind the cover instead of inside in the cups. What can I do? Supposed to rain tomorrow morning! Update- now motor not running when I push switch!
Hood Vehicle Bicycle part Automotive exterior Rim

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both sides…it’s like the top drops too soon. I took to dealer who got it closed. The guy who fixed my top on last one was there. He thinks it’s wiring issue interfering with top sensors. After closed still says top not secured. Have appointment Friday. I rather doubt it’s hydraulics as it worked flawlessly couple days before.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your right about that! Gm doesn’t even know what techs have certification for the tops at their own dealerships. Thanks I’ll update when I have answer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apparently I bent the arms. He got them adjusted and said it’s working now. Got there, paid the $500 bill and went to put it down and it was making a lot of noise, so stopped. He came over and as I put it back up…said it is as close as he could get it, but it does go up and down, just noisy going in and out of latch in front. Go ahead and put it down…started making the loud noise again and I stopped and he said keep going…hear something breaking…the wings now are not working. Told me to call next week to get it back in. 😡

1 - 4 of 4 Posts