Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone... i own a 06 g6 GT and the ac compressor has kicked the bucket, i am gonna swap it out with a used one i got at a salvage yard. does anyone out there have the step by step process how to remove the old one? any help would be great. do i have to drain the freon at a garage first?

thanks Mitch

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey man im currently having the same problem im also looking to do it myself they wanted $1400 lmfao only problem is I have an apartment and not sure where to take it to fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah my clutch flew off the compressor, i have no trouble changing it myself but a lil know how would be freakin great

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
hey everyone... i own a 06 g6 GT and the ac compressor has kicked the bucket, i am gonna swap it out with a used one i got at a salvage yard. does anyone out there have the step by step process how to remove the old one? any help would be great. do i have to drain the freon at a garage first?

thanks Mitch
Which engine? Then PM me with an email address.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
If anyone does have a "How-To" it could be posted on the site for future help.
SI document diagrams are lost in the process of posting to this forum which reduces the value of the info by a lot. There may be a way of posting them that I haven't yet figured out. The docs are in html which is the problem. Some forums allow direct html uploading. This one does not seem to.

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
SI document diagrams are lost in the process of posting to this forum which reduces the value of the info by a lot. There may be a way of posting them that I haven't yet figured out. The docs are in html which is the problem. Some forums allow direct html uploading. This one does not seem to.
I usually post files to some webspace that I control (I have several accounts through my ISP and manage two domains) and then post a link. That's the best way to handle HTML content.

~ MattInSoCal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts