Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no clue about anything about cars. I have a 2007 Pontiac g6 base value leader with 16" steel wheels with hubcaps... my tires are P215/60R16..i hate the hubcaps so I would like to get rims...questions
1. How do I find out what my bolt pattern is?
2. Can I get new rims that will fit my current tires (they are fairly new) so I don't have to get new ones?
I don't care about the size as I know 16" are smaller than some of the g6 cars. I just am trying to avoid buying new tires.
Help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have no clue about anything about cars. I have a 2007 Pontiac g6 base value leader with 16" steel wheels with hubcaps... my tires are P215/60R16..i hate the hubcaps so I would like to get rims...questions
1. How do I find out what my bolt pattern is?
2. Can I get new rims that will fit my current tires (they are fairly new) so I don't have to get new ones?
I don't care about the size as I know 16" are smaller than some of the g6 cars. I just am trying to avoid buying new tires.
Help would be appreciated.
Most of the websites that have wheels/tires just have you put in your car info then they just show you wheels that will fit that bolt pattern but it is 5x110.

You can get rims that will fit the tires that you have, you will just have to get the new rims mounted and balanced on the tires.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Yep, try the tire rack website. It'll let you pick the wheels and will show you what they look like on your car.

·
Perfessor
177 Posts
Another thing you can think on - Go ahead and get a set of different wheels with tires (I've got 20" on there now, original were 18") and save your 16" for "just in case". I still have my 18's and they came in handy when I had a flat and didn't know it till the tire started smoking. (Suggestion - do NOT get an aspect of 35 like I did (235/35 20), LOL, you cannot hardly tell if they are flat or not without a tire gauge.) One was flat when I left work and, as I said, I didn't know it. 10 miles later, smoking tire. I stopped but didn't see anything wrong, till I looked at the inside of the tire. The rim, literally, cut through the sidewall of the entire tire. I got home and put those 18's back on (all 4 of course) till I could afford to get a set of 45 aspect tires. And I still have the 18's!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts