Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new here posting but ive been on the site many times. I have a bit a of an issue. I need help with engine removal instructions. I can pull the engine myself im kinda lookin for things to watch out for. Sensor wires, in crazy places. bolts that are there but you cant see. Engine drop out at the bottom or pulled out of the top? I will be swapping out a lx9 for another lx9 in the next couple of days and would love to know about the trouble spots before i start. Thanks everyone.

cheers

·
Registered
447 Posts
Welcome! Not sure if many people here ever swapped out an LX9. The factory service manual should have every step in it so you shouldnt miss anything following it, PM me if you need some help with that

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Shibby, i dont have a manual any chance you might have a link or pdf for one lol. places around here dont carry them anymore and would probably need to order something like that lol. beyond broke after the replacement engine purchase.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I'm pretty sure you'll need to disconnect everything and then drop the engine and trans with the subframe from under the car. But you can probably chain it and pull it from the top too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts