Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this is my first time in forum. HI to Every one. i have a lil problem with my stereo. i have an 05 Pontiac GT G6. well my battery drain out and the car would not start. so i recharged it using connectors with another car. well when it finaly came back to life the stereo started doing this craking noise. i had 6 cds incerted in the stereo but the stereo shows non. every time i press the load key i here the beep but it wont take any cd in. but it wont eject either it says no cd lol. so i remove the fuse and what happen bam locked!!! so i try to remove and put back on the fuse and the locked screen went away but i still cant put cds or take them out. and it looks like a wite bar is covering the cd entrance. radio still works but is there a way to fix this with out going to dealership.. sorry if eany miss spell words.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Ok so this is my first time in forum. HI to Every one. i have a lil problem with my stereo. i have an 05 Pontiac GT G6. well my battery drain out and the car would not start. so i recharged it using connectors with another car. well when it finaly came back to life the stereo started doing this craking noise. i had 6 cds incerted in the stereo but the stereo shows non. every time i press the load key i here the beep but it wont take any cd in. but it wont eject either it says no cd lol. so i remove the fuse and what happen bam locked!!! so i try to remove and put back on the fuse and the locked screen went away but i still cant put cds or take them out. and it looks like a wite bar is covering the cd entrance. radio still works but is there a way to fix this with out going to dealership.. sorry if eany miss spell words.
Welcome to the club!
You say you tried to remove^^^^, remove what?

Oh amd misspeeled worsd or my speshalty:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you say you tried to remove^^^^, remove what?

so i try to remove and put back on the fuse

sorry misplace words. i meant to say i remove the fuse and put it back on.

·
` Colleen =)
123 Posts
you say you tried to remove^^^^, remove what?

so i try to remove and put back on the fuse

sorry misplace words. i meant to say i remove the fuse and put it back on.
Why dont you want to take it to the dealership, is your car not under warranty anymore? Your radio may have taken a crap. I've seen a few repair orders with a few G6's that have done the same thing before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why dont you want to take it to the dealership, is your car not under warranty anymore? Your radio may have taken a crap. I've seen a few repair orders with a few G6's that have done the same thing before.
I bought the car in 2004 and it only has 3 year warranty so yeah its prity much over i just think its going to be to s pensive to repair in dealership.

·
` Colleen =)
123 Posts
I bought the car in 2004 and it only has 3 year warranty so yeah its prity much over i just think its going to be to s pensive to repair in dealership.
The only wau to fix it is probably to get a new radio. That is usually what they do.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
you bought the 2005 in 2004? :eek:

Yeah....I would disconnect the battery and see what happens.
My 05 cd changer didnt last every long either.

I bought an 08 to replace it so I could have the aux. I also bought the
single cd one so I wouldnt have changer issues again. With the aux I can
iPod it so I dont need all the disks anyways.

Installed it myself then took it to the dealer for some Tech2 (laptop) time to
program it to the car. Been working great ever since.

Cost me $256 shipped for the radio and $80 at teh dealership. I found out later another dealership was less than half that price so shop around for Tech2 time at the different dealerships cause they charge differently.

Anyway....Im happy. The dealership learned something too. They said it couldnt be done. I proved them wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts