Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member and I'm looking for someone or a few people who have redone and upgraded their suspension and braking systems and could give me some advice and info. I have a 2008 G6 GT sedan. The last 2 years I put a bunch of miles on my car for work and right now my struts are really bad and I have a feeling my springs are getting worn out and possibly the shocks as well. Now that I don't have that job anymore and I'm only driving a fraction of those miles I want to get this stuff replaced but I want to do better than OEM parts which is what I have on there now. I'm not looking for the most expensive racing parts but even a step up from OEM parts would be great. Basically I want to replace struts, springs, shocks, calipers, rotors, and brake pads. I've been thinking about Brembo for the braking part and not sure about the suspension parts.

What I would like to hear from you is what brands you've put on your car and if you have suggestions for good websites to buy these parts from where it's a little cheaper and you can get everything you need from one place. Would plan on buying them then either paying my mechanic to put them on or seeing if I can find a gearhead in my area who could put them on for me. Any info from you fellow members would be greatly appreciated! Thanx in advance!

·
Registered
8 Posts
First post. No answers. I would suggest looking in this very sub-forum. Lots of great info ranging from those that just go to Firestone and get stock stuff to full on racing applications.
The search function is your friend here. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the suggestion Steve! I have no internet at home so any browsing I do is done on my mobile phone browser which it not very friendly with a site like this. There are also too many threads on this site that I could easily spend a few hours searching for stuff which I don't have the time to do. Like I said in my post I don't want stock parts and I can't afford to put on full racing parts hence my post. And since i've had no answers I'm guessing that people on here aren't as helpful as I expected them to be. Maybe I need to ask on different forum sites? I don't know....

·
Registered
8 Posts
There's lots of info and great people here. Take some time and look. It's a PITA on the phone, but the info is here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took your advice and gave it a shot. Went through probly 20 different threads and with all the ads on this site I wasted a good amount of time just waiting for the pages to load. I found a couple threads that closely resembled the topic but still nothing specific to what I'm looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts