Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondering how difficult it is to remove the interior trim(the light grey parts) on the dash and door panels. I know that Lampoon had his removed at one point to get them painted and that's pretty much why I'm asking. :p. I've been wanting to do a project with my airbrush and I'm not sure about the design yet, but I want to know how to take the trim off in advance so I'm ready to go.

Another thing I want to know how to remove is the engine cover. Mine seems to be attached via the oil filler cap, but I don't want to go prying on it unless that is the only way to get it off.

Sorry if this is an older topic, but I couldn't find it. If it is an older topic, we should get it "Sticky'd"

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Your trim pieces pry up except your drivers door and center console.
The drivers door has a star nut under the rubber part. Just pull the rubber up and take out the screw and it all comes up. be carefull to unconnect your controls.
The center one is a beeeaaattch. You have to take up your whole console.
Yes that has been addressed on here. Did you try searching?

Unscrew your oil cap off and then just pull up your cover. Nothing is bolted.
Each engine is a tad different but procedure for removal is the same.

PS...carefull following in Lampoon's footprints as that guy is crazy!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i definitely did a few searches, but couldn't find any threads about it. it must be mixed into another thread or something and i didn't want to dig through it all. I'll figure it out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
lampoon, i was thinking about painting my engine cover but im worried that the plastic is to thin and will flex resulting in cracking... im guessing that yours is still in good shape?

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
yup...it rocks. I should sell it cause I have the Chief now....
The flames are retired.

got this now...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts