Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've for a 2010 G6 with the 2.4 Ecotec motor which usually only comes in the base models? Weird thing is my G is all power seats windows moonroof etc, leather seats,body kit factory 17 inch chrome wheels on star xm Etc anyways, I have been trying to find what I can do to install a cold air intake I've heard it takes a tune? I don't care what it costs just wanna do it... Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Welcome. I wonder if your car was ordered with those specific specs by the first owner.
Do you have the flex-fuel engine?
My 2.4 has 3" intake that required a tune to fix.
If you buy something like an injen intake you can avoid the check engine light as they have a smaller maf adapter that's closer to stock. Are you looking to shove a 3" in there like I did?
There is a maf adapter that'll work without a tune as well.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
You can get the car tuned for 93 octane, or 91 depending on your area, and get more power that way. Then have the tune written to accommodate a 3" intake.

I found a way to run an intake without getting a check engine light.
Here's a thread about it:
http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13053

There's multiple ways to go about tuning your car. I ended up having to updated my tune as the first tune I got for it didn't compensate well for the larger sized intake, I'm sure they could have fixed the issue but I'm pretty sure I would need to drive out to them and that's not in the budget.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts