Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
thisrandomguy
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 08 g6 gt.
its totally stock.
i want to turn the same kind of performance & looks as a GXP.
any suggestions. i don't know much about g6's
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
also i know this is stupid but the cheaper the suggestions the better :)
thank you!

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts

·
thisrandomguy
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i live 15 minutes east of houston.
i'm looking up stuff off of ebay.
so far im looking into a temporary air intake.
and some sort of chip they advertise on ebay.
idk? but yeah anything else yall can think about?
should i upgrade the throttle body to match the gxp?

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Dont buy an eBay intake. There are no chips for our cars. Thats a scam.

I do not believe the 3.6 TBI will fit your 3.5.

There are no real cheap mods for these cars. I can point you to a do it yourself Snorkel
ram air setup but you should stay away from the Ntake's etc on eBay.

http://www.g6performance.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=16084

·
Registered
2 Posts
08 G6 GT Exhaust

Ok I am new at this..... i just got a 2008 Pontiac G6 GT SDN 3.5 Litre V6 and i want to do some upgrades but ive ran into a problem. I want to put a dual exhaust on my g6 but not a fake dual exhaust like the GT-R exhaust. I have not been under my car yet but from the researsh that ive done on the exhaust systems for this vehicle it seem that it is single exhaust until you get to the muffler then it turns into dual exhaust. If this is a v6 why cant you do an x-pipe at the catalytic converters and have dual pipes with dual mufflers? Is there not enough room? I'm assuming since this is a V6 it does have 2 Catalytic converters right? If someone has any additional info for me it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I mean I had a 2006 Mustang V6 and i put a x-pipe with dual pipes and dual mufflers in replacement of my single exhaust and it woke the care up nicely... ran like a Mustang GT... Now i know if i kept the single exhaust with a single muffler and two pipes coming out, that it wouldn't do a darn thing in performance and that vehicle had 210hp/240tq. Now I know the exhaust I want would open up a 221hp/221tq veh.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
You beat me to it. lol

Look under your car. You can dual it out. The GT-R is not fake dual exhaust.
"Y" exhaust has been around for years. It is also designed for the car.
Remember you will have crap performance if you remove all your back pressure.
These things are not Mustangs but you can run duals. Your down pipes are seperate
and you can dual it easy cheesy. There isnt allot of room to run two 2.5" pipes
but if your pipe bender is good you can.

Im on my 3rd exhaust and believe me...if you have the money (I know they are pricey) the GT-R is the best there is hands down. An no I do not geta kickback for saying that.
Im just one happy customer.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
If you want to stay to the cheaper side of things, I recomend a custom exhaust, mine is a dual system with magnaflow mufflers on it, my intake I bought piping from Autozone and the biggest cone filter that would fit inside the bumper. I piped from the air filter out of the bumper and up to the MAF. I have posted pics of all this in the gallery for everyone's viewing pleasure, and here is a clip of my exhaust.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
jet is a scam.....ask any tuner.
This your oppinion, and you are entitled to it. But I have one and know what it does, I am not the only one who has a JET Performance Module that believes it is a good product. Badfish has one, and he noticed the same improvments as I did. Increase in throttle response, raised rev limiter, no longer a lag when hitting 3rd gear, more power over all, and better MPGs. So(my oppinion), I like it and for the price, think it is a great product.

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
ask any tuner.
Darn - I was all set to type out the old Chicken Of The Sea commercial, but that was, "Ask any mermaid, you happen to see, what's the best tuna? Chicken Of The Sea!"

So I suppose you could ask any tuner what the best mermaid is (behave!) :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Then why did you edit out your "Buy a Jet chip" comment if you believe in them?
True it is my opinion and in recognition of that fact I asked any potential buyer to go
ask ANY tuner out there about these "chips" for the G6. First off there is no "chip". Its
a couple of wires you put on your MAF wiring to your IAT sensor. Its bogus.

You got scammed and Im sorry for that.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Then why did you edit out your "Buy a Jet chip" comment if you believe in them?
True it is my opinion and in recognition of that fact I asked any potential buyer to go
ask ANY tuner out there about these "chips" for the G6. First off there is no "chip". Its
a couple of wires you put on your MAF wiring to your IAT sensor. Its bogus.

You got scammed and Im sorry for that.
Sorry Lampoon, but you do not know what you are talking about!!!!
It is not a chip, and doesnt wire to the MAF to the IAT sensor! It is a module that connects to the ECM, It is a flash program, so you and your tuner friends need to do a little more research before you start bashing the JET Module. Perhaps even talk to JET themselves, but again its all oppinions, which everyone is entitled to.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Sorry Lampoon, but you do not know what you are talking about!!!!
It is not a chip, and doesnt wire to the MAF to the IAT sensor! It is a module that connects to the ECM, It is a flash program, so you and your tuner friends need to do a little more research before you start bashing the JET Module. Perhaps even talk to JET themselves, but again its all oppinions, which everyone is entitled to.
LOL sorry I edited it out myself. I thought we had already had this discussion a few times and by your own calculations you lost a few hp rather than raise? Correct?

This came directly from a deleted thread that you got similarly flamed on:

When we pulled the module off it showed a difference of barely 1HP and then when I talked to JET Perfromance they said it was a flash program. So when we pulled it off and I did not disconnect the battery to reset the ecu it continued to funciton at the JET parameters. You can say what you what want, it is a forum and we are all entitled to our own oppinion. I see no where that I lied.
At the DYNO today with poor conditions (82 degrees with 80% humidity in a shop with the nose of my car pointed into a wall) my 06 G6 GTP 3.9 with manual trans put down 214.76hp to the wheels. So, factoring in the hp lost from crank to the wheels of 15-17%; it is producing 246.97-251.27 at the crank. In comparison to the stock spec of 240 at the crank, with the JET Performance Module Stage 2 there was a gain of approx 7-11hp. I added a copy of one of the DYNO runs to the Photo Gallery. Not the gain that the manufacturer claims, but the overall throttle response improvement makes me think this is still worth the money. I will be able to figure out how the mpg's do on my ROAD TRIP this weekend!
Note that he has a GTP and intake/exhaust (adds probably 15 hp give or take). Therefore by his calculation he still lost a few hp.

Therefore we stand by our opinion that Jet is crap.

PST, don't flame Lampoon he has anger issues, and an itchy ban finger.:D

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Even Jet calls them a chip....:

Clicky to see

For some reason I thought you were talking about this crap:

Even more crap clicky here

but Cal, you deleted your jet comment so ....chip or module or whatever....You know its crap and so do I. Please dont give bad advice to new people when there are many good products out there. Its like you got burned so you want someone else to waste $300....

Anyway your right about one thing.....it is all opinion!

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
LOL someone needs to undelete the thread where ol Cal gets PWNED by the evidence. You got scammed, suck it up and move on. Part of moving on is letting others know you got scammed so THEY don't waste their money.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.