Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Help!

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Lampoon 
#1 ·
First time poster but a long time reader.
I've searched all over the place on here trying to find a solution to this specific problem and either I'm not looking hard enough or it's never been brought up before.

I've owned my 06 GT coupe a little over a year and I'm starting to notice what I would consider paint oxidation, but maybe I'm wrong as to what it is. It's only currently happening directly below the black trim along the passenger side window and on the pillar above the door and between the roof on the passenger side. It is smooth to the touch and I've tried using a polishing compound that says it's designed to help remove light swirls and oxidation but no luck in removing it. Any suggestions?

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey stewarta4,

Welcome to the G6 Owners Club! Glad you're here. The users here in the forums, especially our moderators, are fantastic resources for anything regarding your G6. However, if you'd like to have this issue addressed by your local GM dealership, I'd be happy to assist you with that. Just send us a PM with your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership!

Let us know if you have any other questions as well. Happy posting!

Geoff G.
GM Customer Care

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.