Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok hey everyone Im new at this but I had a question about the engine HP and torque on the G6 vert, I was actually trying to understand why I have a 3.9L with 222hp while other g6 models have the same size engine with more power. Can someone answer this for me?:eek: Why did GM decide to do such a thing PLUS is there anyway I can alter or change this?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't know the definite answer for that, but I've heard from a grape vine that they de-tune the engines for the convertible models because they lack body structure. The roof is a key feature in the framework of a vehicle, body rigidity suffers a lot when you take that away. As a youngen, me and a friend cut the roof off of a Toyota Tercel, with me and him alone in the driver and passengers seat the floor would sag to no more the a couple inches from the ground if the doors weren't shut before you got in the car, there was no shutting them. It was acctually halarious.. and we were only a combined weight of around 300-325lbs.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey - you got my twin! Well I personally find the power my beauty has is good enough - I mean honestly if you wanted a super fast sports car you shouldn't have bought a convertible....lol unless it's a porshe!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey - you got my twin! Well I personally find the power my beauty has is good enough - I mean honestly if you wanted a super fast sports car you shouldn't have bought a convertible....lol unless it's a porshe!
lol yea your right but this car is fast enough I was just curious on why they didnt keep the same HP like the other 3.9L engine, I guess we know what our car is capable of, lol yes the twin haha Im glad I didnt get the 2008 version, that ugly OnStar antenna ruins the car....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know the definite answer for that, but I've heard from a grape vine that they de-tune the engines for the convertible models because they lack body structure. The roof is a key feature in the framework of a vehicle, body rigidity suffers a lot when you take that away. As a youngen, me and a friend cut the roof off of a Toyota Tercel, with me and him alone in the driver and passengers seat the floor would sag to no more the a couple inches from the ground if the doors weren't shut before you got in the car, there was no shutting them. It was acctually halarious.. and we were only a combined weight of around 300-325lbs.
lmao yea i can imagine that.... i guess your right cause alot of my friends told me the same thing.... thankss for answering my question!

·
Registered
86 Posts
lol yea your right but this car is fast enough I was just curious on why they didnt keep the same HP like the other 3.9L engine, I guess we know what our car is capable of, lol yes the twin haha Im glad I didnt get the 2008 version, that ugly OnStar antenna ruins the car....

Really I haven't seen the 08 - where is the Onstar antenna? I guess I could go look at the GM site and see -lol - lazy right now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.