Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello. Will be purchasing an 06 G6 this week. I am pretty excited about it. I would like to do some cheep things to the exterior of the car but I dont know what to do. Let me know some good ideas that will really make the car look good.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome. Window tint is a good first start for looks. Also, a nice set of low cost rims can still loook good. Check out the for sale section, sometimes there are people selling stock chrome rims or 18 inch stockers that would help with look. If your car needs breaks drilled and slotted rotors look great and at the same time you could paint the calipers. Tail tint, HIDs, spoiler, etc. Like filian said, check out the gallery for ideas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I will post some pic i took at the dealership. If all goes well i will be picking it up on Wednesday.

http://www.admcars4u.com/upload/175_10-165_1.JPG

I was thinking about maybe painting the rims black? I dont know if that would be a good idea or not, or if it would even be possible. I like the style of the rims but i dont like the stock look. Any suggestions?

http://admcars4u.com/upload/175_10-165_7.JPG

Here is the engine. Its a v6. Not sure if I am going to put any performance mods in it or not in the future, but right now I am sticking with appearance mods.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh ya and here is a close up of the stock rims that are on it.

http://admcars4u.com/upload/175_10-165_6.JPG

I noticed that the pontiac symbol in the middle looks like it could come out. I was thinking maybe i could take it out and get a replacement part that has no symbol on it, then paint the rim black, or chrome. Thoughts on this please?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well, you can paint them black but you can't "paint" them chrome. You can use the paint that looks like chrome but it won't come out good. You could have them chromed if you really wanted to but in the end it would probably be easier and maybe cheaper to get a set of stock chrome ones (or even a set of black chrome ones). And you could also get 18's so it would look better with larger wheels as well.

A good easy mod for the motor if you want is an intake. I suggest getting a K&N, Injen, or CRAB intake for it as they are quality and will work well. Its a simple modification and will raise HP a little and can also give you better gas mileage because of the better airflow for the fuel/air mixture.

Keep throwing questions out. And also search a little because sometimes its easy to find what you were looking for. Good luck with getting the car, I just purchased mine a couple days ago and I'm already in love.

·
Registered
422 Posts
First...welcome!

Second....the rims...I painted mine black...

It was fairly easy (once I figured out what paint to use), just sand and used black primer (no paint, or clear).
If you are between black and chrome, definatley go for black as you wont be able to get a good chrome finish on them without shelling out some serious cash.
The Pontiac symbol is on the centre cap, and can be poped out from the back side once the rim is removed.

For intake, go CRABS or nothing! Havent heard much with the Injens, but a friend has a 06 G6 V6 with the K&N Typhoon, and it constantly whistles under acceleration, very annoying. I have the CRAB Option 3 and absolutley love it, and best of all, no whistle! Dont know what the prices for the K&N are in the states, but up here, the Typhoon and full CRAB (w front pipe upgrade) are about the same price.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Welcome to G6OC!

Nice car. I had one just like it. :D

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
Welcome to the club

1 - 14 of 14 Posts