Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm new here and just wanted to say hi and describe my ride!

I have an 08 G6 GT Sedan. Everythings stock except the guy I bought it from put a chip in it from some website called advancedmotorsports or something.

Anyways Cool forum!

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Welcome to the club

·
07 Black GT Vert ♥
445 Posts
Welcome, you'll find some great tips and good reading on everything Pontiac G6.
Jump in and take a ride, you're going to love the G6 Owners Club!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet! Thanks So much guys!!!

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Same color as Daniel's if im not mistaken, got any plans for it?

·
Phantom Warrior
80 Posts
Another Texan for our meet???? Welcome to the club....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Not many plans yet, I'm looking for suggestions though! I think a new hood would be nice.

I also would like help finding out if I should remove this chip that's in my car, or if its doing anything.

I Figured out the chip is from http://slrmotorsports.com/

Thanks Everyone! :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also if y'all look at the grill on the front of my car, I had two bugs get stuck on there on long distance trip, when I took them off they pulled the paint off also, any suggestions on a type of paint to use or just spray paint?

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
Welcome! You definitely want to remove that "chip" (it's a way overpriced 10 cent resistor) and if you are looking for a true performance increase, consider a new intake, exhaust system, and/or performance tune. There are several vendors for each, but the local favorites are Crab Intakes, the GT-R Exhaust, and the WAMS tune. A simple Google search will get you to their sites.

~ MattInSoCal

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome! You definitely want to remove that "chip" (it's a way overpriced 10 cent resistor) and if you are looking for a true performance increase, consider a new intake, exhaust system, and/or performance tune. There are several vendors for each, but the local favorites are Crab Intakes, the GT-R Exhaust, and the WAMS tune. A simple Google search will get you to their sites.

~ MattInSoCal
Thanks Matt! Do you have any suggestions for my second question about the front grill?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HAHA , Yea I love that song. haha.

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
Also if y'all look at the grill on the front of my car, I had two bugs get stuck on there on long distance trip, when I took them off they pulled the paint off also, any suggestions on a type of paint to use or just spray paint?
Damn, were those some kind of alien bugs with acid for blood? :eek: You could spray paint the grills but it will be hard to match the color and gloss accurately; you might then choose to completely paint both grills so they match. You could find cheap replacements on Parts Geek. Another popular option is to get recessed grills.

~ MattInSoCal

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Damn, were those some kind of alien bugs with acid for blood? :eek: You could spray paint the grills but it will be hard to match the color and gloss accurately; you might then choose to completely paint both grills so they match. You could find cheap replacements on Parts Geek. Another popular option is to get recessed grills.

~ MattInSoCal
Yea I guess so, haha! Thanks for this information. I found the grills from the website you recommended for $9 each piece, is this what they really cost or are these cheep grill parts? Also what is up with these recessed grills, do they look nicer? I've herd some about them but don't know much. Thanks a lot!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts