Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... having a 2006 G6OC Calendar? ... if there is sufficient interest, I would be willing to accept submissions of member pictures and generate a calendar for sale through CafePress ... the way it works on GAOC is that members submit their pictures and after a specified closing date, I put them all up together and the entire membership gets to vote for their favorite and when all is said and done, the top twelve get included ... having said this, do we have enough interest here as I would be more than happy to do it for you fellas (and ladies) too :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Id buy a few if my car made it, havent taken a pic yet though, need to get back home from my cross country trip, but id def buy one!! probly even if my car didnt make it haha

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmmm ... sounds like we have the makings of a Calendar :) ... speak up people and I'll get started on an official annoucement ... then, you can all get out taking some great 'calendar style' pictures ;)

·
Registered
423 Posts
99grandamse said:
... having a 2006 G6OC Calendar? ... if there is sufficient interest, I would be willing to accept submissions of member pictures and generate a calendar for sale through CafePress ... the way it works on GAOC is that members submit their pictures and after a specified closing date, I put them all up together and the entire membership gets to vote for their favorite and when all is said and done, the top twelve get included ... having said this, do we have enough interest here as I would be more than happy to do it for you fellas (and ladies) too :)
so, kelly....."are ya ready for some FOOTBALL???" , er i mean 'PICTURES' yet?
wish you had thought of this LAST month when it was still warm out and the sun was shinning!!!!! now its getting dark at 6p.m. and RAINING all day long.

i think the appropriate thing for you to do is to email all 372 MEMBERS to inform them HOW, WHEN AND WHERE to send their pics..........you can handle that, can't you? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK ... here is what you can do until I get a second to make an official post ... email you G6 Picture in the LARGEST RESOLUTION POSSIBLE to [email protected] with G6OC in the subject line ... now, by largest resolution, I mean something along the lines of 2048x1536 pixels and at least 72 dpi being anything less may cause a decrease in print quality ... if you are curious whether or not your picture will work, send it along anyway and if it is not suitable, I'll contact you back :) ... anyway, send in your pictures and if we get enough to make an actual calendar (i.e.: 12 pictures), I'll have it organized right away ... get to work guys!! :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
.....here's a thought;

when you collect all your pics, post them on the site and assign them #'s (no members names)

have a specific time period, lets say 1 week, to have all the members vote for their favorite pics. each member gets 3 votes. at the end of the week, whichever pics get the most votes make the calendar.......sounds Democratic, does it not? oh, i forgot.....you're in CANADA!!!!! well, still might work if you don't tell anyone....... :rolleyes:

better than 'spamming'!!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
i like the voting option!

however, I think we should hold off on the calendar. 06 g6s are still in their infancy and performance products are being created as we speak. other upgrades (ie: sound, interior, exterior kits) are still at a minimal because everyone is broke from buying the car! i know exactly what im going to do with the car, just dont have the funds to do it. im sure there are many of you in the same position.

if we go ahead with the calendar, theres just going to be a bunch of stock-G6s

·
Registered
168 Posts
lrish said:
if we go ahead with the calendar, theres just going to be a bunch of stock-G6s
That's bad? :confused:

I'd still buy a calendar, even if it was all G6's that were stock. Some good scenery shots can still make for a killer picture...:)

·
Registered
423 Posts
ragingfish said:
That's bad? :confused:

I'd still buy a calendar, even if it was all G6's that were stock. Some good scenery shots can still make for a killer picture...:)
i agree....nothing wrong with that!! besides, some of us have changed wheels, added spoilers, etc......and we can have different colors in both coupes and sedans!!!

but next year? now we're talkin' ground effects, ram-air hoods, wild paint jobs and we will even have CONVERTIBLES! yes, next year will be absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GUYS, lets get to work!

kelly, whats a 'pixel'? is that some form of Canadian measurement, like an 'inch'?:rolleyes: ha, ha

1 - 20 of 30 Posts