Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick message to say hi, and get some help. I have a 08 G6 with just under 35,000 km on it, it has been pulsating when braking coming off the highway and going down steep hills. Took it to the dealer and they called to say I need new rotors and pads all around. I stated only 35,000 km how does this happen. Service manager told me they were rusted out and not covered by warranty and that I should have had them serviced at 20,000 km - as this is standard procedure. Has anyone else heard or experienced this problem. Do you really need to have your brakes checked every 20,000 km. I have owned many Pontiacs (Sunfires) and had over 80,000 km and never had to replace brakes. Any knowledge would be helpful

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
No...the rotors are crap. I swapped all mine out at 45k. Your better getting aftermarket
and not going through your dealership. It wouyld also be less hurt on your wallet.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Service manager told me they were rusted out and not covered by warranty and that I should have had them serviced at 20,000 km - as this is standard procedure. Has anyone else heard or experienced this problem.
Hum? rusted out pads and rotors? A big BULL SHIT on that one! Now you know that particular stealership with screw you. Follow Lampoon's advice.

Do you really need to have your brakes checked every 20,000 km. I have owned many Pontiacs (Sunfires) and had over 80,000 km and never had to replace brakes.
IMO, it never hurts to check them every 20Kmiles or so.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for all your support. I have spoken with Warranty and have now filed a claim in CAMVAP who thinks this is ridiculous as welll. A hearing will be scheduled where the Service Manager and I both get to tell our stories. There is a really good chance I will receive my money back, especially since he never mentioned the rusting out problem to me either on the phone or in person. He only said it to the Warranty Department after he claimed to have already discussed the issue with them (They had no record). I spoke with the dealer I bought the car from (different town) and he told me I did not do anything wrong as long a I have had my regular lube, oil filter I should not have anything to worry about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts