Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 09 GT got last summer. Looking forward to hearing all the good and bad. Off to find out how to replace headlight....ugh!

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your G6! As for the headlight, they are not that bad to replace, just pull the plastic clips holding your front bumper cover on and the bolts holding your headlight in, and then you will be able to pull the headlight out and replace the bulb.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, Cals I have pulled and pulled on this thing and it will not come out. Everything I have read assures me I will cause no damage if I pull the heck out of this thing and will come out. I just can't seem to get the leverage I need to get it out. I can see where the (what everyone refers to as) ball joint is so off to use a small mechanics pry bar to see if I can give it a little love comin out. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, Cals I have pulled and pulled on this thing and it will not come out. Everything I have read assures me I will cause no damage if I pull the heck out of this thing and will come out. I just can't seem to get the leverage I need to get it out. I can see where the (what everyone refers to as) ball joint is so off to use a small mechanics pry bar to see if I can give it a little love comin out. Wish me luck!
Update.....SUCCESS!! Didn't even have to use the pry bar. Yesterday I pulled and pulled on that thing and no luck. Today? Go out there (with help from my girlfriend holding the bumper cover back and pops right out. But, it didn't seem to be as tight when it went back in. Wondering if the first time is the worst.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts