Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Vick from DC/MD area.

I own a 2005 G6 GT black sedan, panoramic sunroof, fully loaded, monsoon audio (minus XM) 6 CD changer with Onstar (had to get a digital upgrade from analog). I am planning on putting Access and Terk for iPod and XM. Any tips will be appreciated!

I bought it last year and so far it has been amazing riding this beauty. I already put 19K since I bought it (any excuse to drive :=)) LOL ) It gives a nice 26-27 mpg on highways which goes up to 32-34 if I behave ;-) and a reasonable 19-20 in DC traffic. I have a heavy foot in city traffic!!

I wanna keep it looking new and will clay/wax it as soon as it gets warmer. Will post some pics when she looks nice and shiny. I was cleaning some ice last month and scratched the top coat (not the paint job though) :-(

I have nice looking alloys, and I wanna paint my calipers red. Also, wanna add the floor lights (red again).

Gimme a shout out any time fellas!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Lampoon. Yeah, i got it used at 35k miles in VERY well maintained condition. I LOVE IT!!

I am planning on getting some Xenon or angel eye headlights. Wont call that performance mods though, lol.

I am not convinced yet about the efficacy of cold air intake or dual exhaust in increasing the hp, but then i am no expert. You seem to have lots of performance mods, what is ur experience?

Heyaaa Vick. A Pano'ed 05 eh? Sweeeeeet.
Any performance mods planned?? ANy pix??

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i havent posted any pics yet. waiting for the weather to get warm to clay/wax and then click some!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You will feel a difference with both. Its up to you....depends on what your going for. ;)
I am all for increasing power of my ride, :). But, I like the quietness of G6. How does the dual exhaust sound? Also, does putting in the cold air intake mean that I have to get a new hood as well?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope....Hood is if you want ram air. Intake is good without it too.
I am sorry for sounding ignorant, but what is Ram air and how is it different from cold air intake?

Also, which double exhaust is better - for performance and (not too much) loudness? I see that you also have "WAMS High Performance Tune". What is that?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:)I wasn't joking about the reply. I went to the links and felt they should have answered the question quite well.:)

I'm sorry if I offended anyone!
No, I wasn't offended at all. I also thought that the links were quite informative and answered some of my questions.

Thank you Lampoon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts