Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Hi I'm Joe

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  David Lachlan 
#1 ·
I am 19 and am very tempted to purchase a 2008 G6 GXP the car has 75k miles and no major problems asking price is $3,500. Is this a fair price? Also, I am looking for any mods to make to the car should I purchase it are there any modifications that people have made to the car performance-wise and if so what would you start with and what would they cost roundabout?

#2 ·
Don't know where in the USA you're at, but here in western NY, I recently got our 08 gt all in for 3.5 k including the trans it needed, and having 160k miles on it. Not sure of the motor in your's but if the body and underneath are NOT rusty, I'd say you got more than a fair price.
Good luck with it! Can't begin about mods for it as I'm a pretty much "keep it stock" guy.

#3 ·
The '08 GXP is a pretty rare car and there's very little I'd recommend you do to it. About the only thing I can think of offhand is a front strut tower brace. These were available in the day from aftermarket vendors for about $100 and there was an OEM bar used on Chevy Malibu SS models that was available back then.. Nearly all aftermarket has dried up (not to mention OEM) and parts will be in the recycle yards where you find them. Good luck. - Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.