Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and plan to buy a 2010 Pontiac G6 GT next week. I'm hoping to get some valuable information here. I hope buying one isn't going to be a mistake. I had a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE and loved it so I think i'll give the G6 a try. I'm confused on rather or not it has remote start on the one I test Drove. The salesman said it did, but I couldn't figure it out. I know it did have a remote with it & it had a partial circle on it. On the back it said Start press lock then hold the circle for 2 seconds, but when I tried that I got nothing. I look forward to talking with everyone! :D

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
I'm new here and plan to buy a 2010 Pontiac G6 GT next week. I'm hoping to get some valuable information here. I hope buying one isn't going to be a mistake. I had a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE and loved it so I think i'll give the G6 a try. I'm confused on rather or not it has remote start on the one I test Drove. The salesman said it did, but I couldn't figure it out. I know it did have a remote with it & it had a partial circle on it. On the back it said Start press lock then hold the circle for 2 seconds, but when I tried that I got nothing. I look forward to talking with everyone! :D
Welcome, Regina.

What I like about the 2009.5 and the 2010 G6's is that the Driver's Info Center (DIC) is in the instrument cluster and the radio in the dash has the brighter and better display. The downside is that those two models have some other differences from the older ones and it can be difficult to find certain parts or accessories that fit.

For the remote starter to work, the doors and hood need to be closed. Press the door lock button, release it, and press and hold the start button for at least two seconds. If the car doesn't start then there are several possibilites:

1) The Remote Start feature can be disabled through a menu setting on the DIC. This might be how it's set now.
2) The car is really low on fuel.
3) There is some trouble code that is stored in the computer that needs to be fixed.

Oh, and before I forget, Welcome to the club!

~ MattInSoCal

·
05 G6
101 Posts
Welcome and like waterfowler76 said post some pics when u get it.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts